Calling baby - Baby or Bump

Tillytots

Reaction score
Even though I know Im expecting a little boy and have chosen his name I still refer to him as baby or bump. It feels like I cant refer to him by his name as it will be somehow tempting fate or something....if that makes sense? :think:

aNyone else feel like this?

We don't know if ours is a boy or a girl yet but I will still call him baby bump as thats his name while he is in mummy's tummy...

If he turns out to be a girl though I think I'll find it hard to stop saying he/his as I always have and am so sure that he is a boy. How confuzzling.

he gets called different thing depending on the situation
me and hubby at home alone and my mother call him by his name
round my dads its baby llama as he doesnt want to no the sex
and on here its baby llama/baby/bump as dont want to say his name as i no a few others are thiking of using the name aswell so it might gt changed yet before hes born
manda xx

Yeah, baby for us but then we don't know what it is....and i hate calling it 'it' but sometimes its hard cos if you say he or she...people think you know. :think:

we call ours baby bump!!!!!!
we did like the name finley and made the mistake of telling people
but they kept calling him little fin and now i dont want to call the baby finley because of this

samandbump said:
we call ours baby bump!!!!!!

My daughter started us off calling bump baby bump :) she talks to him all the time and calls him baby bump and asks him what he's doing etc. It's so cute

Im exactly the same, and have been with all 3 of mine. I actually find it a little creepy when people refer to unborn babies by name!

We call ours Muchkin as thats what the sonographer referred to baby as when we had an emergency private scan at 6 weeks and it kind of stuck :D

we call ours Baby Buttons, as he had the cutest wee button nose visable on the last scan :)

We don't have a name as we don't know the sex. I always refer to him as he. A friend told me she was pregnant, I asked whether she wanted a boy or a girl, she said she didn't mind as long as it's healthy. I replied "Everyone says that. Well I mind, I want a girl!" At that moment I had a twinge in my stomach and I thought 'I'm pregnant! It's a boy and I've annoyed it already!!'. That was a week after conception. So if pushed I'd guess I have a boy because of that :rotfl:
I call him Dragon, Monkey, Bump, Baby, Little Bit, Short Stuff and goodness knows what else! :D OH tends to stick to Baby Bump.

We know what we are having but are not telling people. And we refer to Baby as Baby or Bean or Baby Bean. Its quite easy to keep it our secret anyways :lol:

If someone tries to catch me out and says 'Did you say she' or 'Did you call it a he just then?' I say no, I said it :p

I call mine Ronald - because McDonalds has never tasted so good hahaha

Every now and again my Mum gets confused and says Roland - so I politely remind her that the baby is NOT the overweight kid off of Grange Hill!!!

(btw, it will NOT be called Ronald when it's born!!)

bumpy, angelkins, baby boo :roll:

i always refer to him as 'he' aswell :think:

Every now and again my Mum gets confused and says Roland - so I politely remind her that the baby is NOT the overweight kid off of Grange Hill!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Just say no!!!
I'm taking it you're in your 30's if u remember Roland and the like...yay! I was in love with John Alford...little Robbie :rotfl:

Ou baby has so many different names
James call it beastie, little one, bump, munchkin
I call it bump, love, little one, sweetie, sweetheart, Bubba (monkey, when its pressing on my bladder) Penguin, darling, honey ect every endearing name in the world :hug:

Eefie was mini boo (his dad's nickname is Boo) but I started calling him Eefie towards the end. Now we call him that or Bubbo and the new one is Boygi :)

I just call mine baby. I don't know the sex yet

I used to watch the re-run of the old grangehill episodes on sunday mornings so remember Roly and that song :lol: (I'm 27)

AnnaR2B said:
Just say no!!!
I'm taking it you're in your 30's if u remember Roland and the like...yay! I was in love with John Alford...little Robbie :rotfl:

Yes yes.. I'm in my 30's thanks for that! :shakehead: :rotfl:

"come on Roooo'''LLAnnnd" Do you remember how that girl used to say it?

Oh.. John Alford. I think i even wrote to the BBC a couple of times and got one of them signed picture thinggies of him! He woz fit innit like :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back