cabbage soup diet

paradysso

Reaction score
has any one tried doing this?

my friend is getting married soon, shes lost lots of weight for wedding, she went from size 22 down to size 14 but shes trying this diet to try and shift a few extra lbs... ive said i will do it too :rotfl: whats it like? the soup recipe sounds nice, i was expecting it to be just boiled cabbage :puke:

I did it. You lose weight but its mostly water, it all goes back on as soon as you start eating. Its not one of the better diets

oooo... if your breastfeeding and it makes you loose water then that will really mess your supply up hun... as long as you are still feeding Harriet I wouldn't touch that diet unless you are prepared to move Harriet on to formula ... :hug:

My OH did a cabbage soup diet where you could eat jacket potatoes also, minus the butter of course and bananas,

me and my mum tried it years ago, its just stupid.

The best form of weight loss is through healthy eating and excercise.

Elaine its a faddy diet - and they just dont work. They mess up your metaoblisim and yes youl lose weoght but when you go back to your normal eating - your weight will cme straight back on.

Calorie count, smller portions, cut out salty snacks like crisps etc,drink 2 litres of water a day - it does help, it makes sure everthing function better, cut out white bread too -its no good for you - grainy and wholemeal are much better.

This is typically what I eat in a day on weight watchers.

Breakfast -
Toast
weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetner

Lunch -
Salmon fillet with new pots and veg

Dinner -
Lean steak with roast veg and parsnips

Snacks -
Shape low fat yoghurts
Choc bar

1sttimemum said:
My OH did a cabbage soup diet where you could eat jacket potatoes also, minus the butter of course and bananas,

thats the one im doing, my friends a nurse, its the diet they do for the patients when they need fast weight lose for ops.

Im doing it just to support her. not a diet i would pick lol im prefer my slimming world diet... i cant go with no wine or chocolate :rotfl:

shes lost all her weight with weight watchers, she started in jan and has done really well. just wanted to know if any one had done this cabbage one, i'm just making the soup now it smells lush

mrs_tommo22 said:
Elaine its a faddy diet - and they just dont work. They mess up your metaoblisim and yes youl lose weoght but when you go back to your normal eating - your weight will cme straight back on.

Calorie count, smller portions, cut out salty snacks like crisps etc,drink 2 litres of water a day - it does help, it makes sure everthing function better, cut out white bread too -its no good for you - grainy and wholemeal are much better.

This is typically what I eat in a day on weight watchers.

Breakfast -
Toast
weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetner

Lunch -
Salmon fillet with new pots and veg

Dinner -
Lean steak with roast veg and parsnips

Snacks -
Shape low fat yoghurts
Choc bar

how do u find your diet? have u tried slimming wrld

I found it restrictive at the start but now my eating habits have changed and ive stopped bingeing I find it fine! Nothing is restricted, you jut count it, yes i have the odd day where im hungry so i down a load of water! it teaches portion control and the pointing system is a lot easier to do then the syns. The points i can work out on my calculator, but syns i had to buy a book to look them up! it was too confusing for me!

I was on slimming world but i honestly dont think it teaches good eating habits, its the whole eat it as long as its free foods, theres no portion control with free foods which i dot agree with.

I love ww now and have lost over a stone on it, m happy and can eat like this forever now, its a new lifestyle for me.

I tried it years ago and lasted a day. By the time teatime came round I couldn't face anymore bloody soup so had beans on toast (it tasted heavenly :rotfl: ).

well ive just had my last nice thing, some ice cream and i start in the morning :rotfl: will let u know how i get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back