c section recovery questions.

Hayley1608

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm sure to go in for my section on wednesday 24th august. I have been looking on the internet about recovery and have found that c section recovery belts seem to be everywhere. I was considering getting the one below however i am concerned as not sure squeezing my tummy into something tight is a good idea :S

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Underworks-...CES4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313927694&sr=8-2

It may sound very selfish of me but i'm also vey worried about the appearance of my tummy post op. I was a size 10 pre pregnancy with a nice flat tummy... It is currently covered in stretch marks which i know wont dissapear i was just thinking that if this helped to get a few inches off (as it says it does) that it may help with my confidence. Does anyone have any other tips for recovery or for getting back into a reasonable shape? I know it will take time... just how much time?

i don't want to sound like this is what is most important to me... I don't care what happens to me as long as our baby girl is okay. I just have a lot of body confidence issues.

Thank you for reading!

xxx

my cousin has had 4 sections and is a size ten with perfectly flat tummy so it can be done!

i had a section 18 months ago didnt have belt or anything and my recovery was quick and fine :) xxx

aww lovely :)

I think my main worry with my body is that my tummy will just sag because it's stretched so much... the stretch marks are everywhere, really dark and thick and lumpy :(

I saw some pictures today of how scars heal up and they don't look as awful as i expected straight after the op... i think i just let everything worry me. I'm sure once i see LO i wont care what i look like

:)

xxx

Hey,

I've heard that those girdles are really good, I'm planning to get one and was looking at the same one as you actually! My mum had a c-section with my younger brother and she used one of those from 5 days afterwards, when it didn't hurt so much and she said it really helped her, because it held her stomach in constantly.

I know a lot of celebrities use them as well, I read something where Jessica Alba was saying she wears from from delivery until her stomach doesn't feel so loose, but let's not pretend that is how she gets her body back, she was saying in the same article that she'll be eating 1200 cals a day, which is just over half of what she's supposed to, so that's practically starvation!

Anyway, as I was saying, I'll definitely be getting one. I feel the same way as you do, that my LO coming out healthy is all that matters to me, but it's a daunting prospect not getting back to the pre-pregnancy size 10! I've gained over 4.5stone already, so I need to find some way to lose it!

Hope your c-section goes well xxx

thanks ft90!

I am thinking about getting one and wearing a few days post op or whenever comfortable. I've head some good things about them and think it's the way to go :)

i've gained about 4 stone too! I think its difficult when people say that its healthy to gain about 30lbs... i worry when i think ive put on over 50! the midwifes haven't even mentioned my weight during the pregnancy though so i don't think they are concerned.

are you having a section too?

xx

I didn't have one and have had 4 sections, I would worry that I could feel secure in my belt and then overdo it to be honest, (that may not be the case) but nice to feel whats occuring in tum area. To be honest at about 2 weeks you will pass a corner in recovery and then after that off you will go. Tummy shape will not be affected by section, no different I don't think , thats from the baby belly not the section

are you having a section too?

xx

I'm not really sure about what I'm doing yet... Have to wait and see if LO turns before 36 weeks! I've been telling him every day to turn round, but he's been this comfy since 20 weeks and my MW said she's not holding out hope haha! So in 3 weeks I'll have to look at my options. His size is an issue as well, MW should be sending me for a growth scan over the next two weeks because she doesn't think my giant baby will make my due date (her words, not mine!)

I don't mind too much if I have to have a c-section, as long as I'm not too incapacitated, because my OH has to go offshore 4 weeks after my due date so I need to be mobile and able to do things then!

I'm going to get one of those things anyway, just to hold my stomach in, it's supposed to help everything shrink back (not sure how) and the price isn't too bad even if it does nothing!!! Hope it works though, I need some shrinkage of the tummy area! I worry as well when people say it's normal to gain 30lbs... I'm like hmmmm I gained that in the first 20 weeks!

Hope your recovery goes well! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back