c section recovery

titch

Reaction score
Hi!

Just a quick c section scar question. How long did it take you to be off the pain killers, Ive mostly stopped taken them now, but have the occasional flare up so take them maybe every other day. Last night it started hurting a lot while I was just lying still :eh: does that normally happen? Im really worried about infections, after scaring myself on google (I know, I shouldnt have!)

Is it just me or is that a stupidly difficult place to keep dry?!

i hated my scar as i have a overhang on tum and could never keep clean and dry enough and was advised to double over a cheapy sanitary pad and pop that over especially when hot to absorb sweat and for half hour a day just expose to air to aid healing hope yours feels better soon if your worried get looked at when u see mw or hv

I had a very slight infection but it cleared itself up, but it was swollen and red and sore :(

Its been 3 weeks since my section and it can still get sore. I walked too much yesterday and everytime I stood up it hurt. Ive still got most of my painkillers, as I didnt feel I needed to take them. I didnt want to be completly pain free as I felt Id end up pushing myself too much because I couldnt feel if Id done too much...if that makes sense.

I dont know about you but Im finding getting dressed in the morning a mission... all my trousers/leggings ect sit directly where the scar is!! Nightmare! Ive already decided to go for a vbac next time...cant be dealing with this again!

Im in PJs every day and big knickers up to my belly button! Ive got some baggy jeans and a pair of leggings I wear out the house but I get changed as soon as I get home. Im such a slob.

Im getting stabbing pains in my scar today too, Im just sitting here on the sofa. Im not sure if its weeping or not, so hard to tell! I think Im gonna get OH to look at it tonight and see what he thinks.

Definately VBAC all the way!!

i think i took my pain killers for a couple of weeks, i also had a salted bath every night to help it heal

I get my mum to check mine everyday :) Ive also been taking salt baths every other night and on the other nights just wiping it with salt water using cotton wool. It really helped when it was red.

I went out and brought pants that came up to my belly button!!! Arent they just the most unflattering things?! Theyre going in the bin as soon as I dont feel the need to wear them.

Hopefully those pains your having are it all healing. I had the midwives keep seeing me a bit longer than normal just to keep an eye on the wound, I assume your midwife has stopped seeing you now...could be worth getting your OH to take a peek at it and decide if ringing up your maternity ward and seeing if it needs to be looked at could be worth a go?

oh I was never told to have salt baths.... might have to give that a go.

I was never told to take salt baths either. But your not really told how to keep the wound clean or anything so I just figured Id try something lol.

Thats quite shocking that you never got told about the salt baths, its one of the first things they suggested i did when i got home.

I found they really helped!

salt baths and witch hazel all the way. Also i took loads of arnica and that made me so much more comfortable. Mine healed pretty well but got occasional twinges and stuff for a few weeks xxx

i got told to keep it dry and not put anything on it. not quite sure if they expected me not to shower for the next 4 weeks... :lol:

im taking arnica, noone told me to, just working things out for myself!

Wonder if pure tea tree oil would help? I dunno about c section scars specifically but it's a great healer for other wounds xx

I was lucky cos mine healed quite quickly...used to make sure I gave the wound some air everyday...I also went out and bought massive knickers,couldn't stand anythin on my wound,also lived in joggers...unflatterin but I didn't care.
Did u have stitches or staples? I had staples which although my mw was like 'y on earth didn't they just stitch u?' I found that it healed a lot quicker than any1 I know that had stitches...was just a bit ouchy wen they was removed xx

i had subcutaneous dislvable stitches, you cant see then at all, its really wierd!

I stopped pain killers after a week but still got an infection coz they left placenta in me :wall: I hope I don't have to have one this time I'm
Def for vbac all the way!!! I cleaned mine every time I went to the toilet and dryer with cotton balls to start with but they flaked so moved in to dabbin with tissue - it worked well as mw said it was the fastest healing scar she had seen woot woot! Shame about the placenta :wall: lol!! Xx if your worried chat to your dr or health visitor Hun x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had peal stiches and they pulled them out about a week after birth :shock: lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ouch!!!! so glad i had disolvable stitches! i was a wimp getting my drip taken out!

did any of you guys get a numb patch on your stomach? i mentioned it to the nurse in hospital and she brushed it off saying it was normal... :confused:

I had my section fri night and staples were removed weds morn. Scar perfectly healed and everythin,was quite shocked at how quickly the body heals itself.
Yeah the numbness around the scar is normal...I had an op on my foot 16 years ago and am still completely numb around the scar xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back