C-Section Recovery!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
I just wondered how long it took you to recover from your C-Section? I had mine just over a month ago now, after 2 weeks I went out to meet some friends for lunch and also spent an hour shopping, after 3 weeks me and DH started having sex again, and at 4 weeks I have been signed off by the doctor to drive, and my LO went out for the first time on our own yesterday for 2-3 hours, and am lifting pushchair etc!!

Is this normal recovery, or was I just lucky? I am hoping if we decide to have another baby in the future and I have to have another section, my recovery will be equal or even better 2nd time around!

So curious how long it took you all to recover?

Well i went to a wedding all day on friday and for 2 days before i was shopping for at least 3 hours a day, dont get me worng i paid the price being tired after but i wasnt so bad, ive cleaned the whole house today too, i concider myself quite lucky since i had an infection in it this week too

Mine was very similar.... walking about next day, sex 2 weeks later, signed off and back in the gym 4 weeks later. I was thrilled as I thought I'd be laid up for months! Were you fairly fit and healthy beforehand? I find this makes a big difference to recovery. I was exercised throughout my pregnancy with Sam and was even in the gym the day I had him! (But then he was a month early!).

The amazing recovery has made an elective next time rather tempting if I don't go into labour naturally before 39 weeks (I've read the rate of emergency c-section if VBAC is attempted after 39 weeks is alot higher than before 39 weeks, so thats kind of my plan).

Will be interested to hear about recovery 2nd time round too.

L xx

well i had mine 3 weeks ago and in that time i've been out a week after its to celebrate his birth with all our family, been shopping and out and about

i'm pleased at the rate i'm recovering i'm just taking it all in my stride, not attempted sex yet.

Mine was bloody awful! Did you ladies have an elective or an emergency? I had an emergency after 20 hours of labour and i couldnt move for about 3 days. After 3 weeks i was still on tramadol! It was only at 6 weeks that i felt back to normal.. and as for sex?? My OH is still waiting (i cant really blame the section for 12 weeks though!)

I hated the recovery.. i would do labour 3 times over rather than have a section! Saying that though.. i'm fine now and i maybe wierd but i love my scar!

Claire x

i had an emergency c-section after 40 hours of useless contractions - i lost 2 litres of blood and no transfusion, and a hb/iron level of 6 !! I was pretty low for a few days but had no real pain and didnt take any painkillers once i left hospital

Now my LO is 7 weeks old, and i feel back to normal, you can hardly see my scar and i'm hoping to start horse riding again this weekend :cheer:

Emergency c-section on a Saturday Night at 23:30, lost a pint of blood and it took a good half hour to stitch me up again, but I was out of hospital Monday afternoon and walked to the chippy to get dinner in and get my head clear. The next morning I went to get the paper with my daughter. My midwife was quite shocked when I told her (well, nobody told me not to go for a walk) and several midwives in the area now refer to me as "that one" :D

I had some problems with an infection 5 days post section, which was cleared up pdq with antibiotics. I never had much pain, you just need to remember to take the painkillers regularly and before the pain sets in.

I wanted to go to tesco on day 5 but no one would let me :evil:
I also recovered very quickly and felt normal again by the middle of week 2. I did feel it in my stomach it if i was doing too much though, but i was fine.
I'd love a natural birth but if i end up with another section id be quite happy with it :D

Had baby tuesday home from hospital on saturday.
Week 1 - tesco shopping
the past week and bit i have been shopping in town, having sex again and feel my normal self again. even have started driving short journeys

Blimey.. am i the only one that found the recovery hard? I was only taking paracetamol for the first couple of days as my medication was cocked up and i didnt get out of bed until day 3 as i had an inflamed bladder which didnt help. maybe this is why my recovery was slower? I always thought i had a really good pain threshold!

I think I felt pretty much back to normal by the 2nd week. I drove at about a week and a half cos we had to go register Molly on a really cold morning and there was no way I was getting 2 buses or a taxi to do it.

Everybody told me not to lift a finger but I felt much better being up and about. I think it helped though, I felt really really well!

Thanks for starting this thread Ellie, I may have to have a section with this baby and its good to know how people are getting on post op! Your doing brilliantly hun, if I have to have one I hope im as lucky :D :pray:

i was the same - i felt fine after a week! i think we got lucky, because i was under the impression that it was a really difficult process. my OH's mum didn't get out of bed for like 4 weeks after her c-section with him!

It's just over 2 weeks since mine and I feel great! After 10 days I stopped taking the Diclofenac tablets as I wasn't having much pain and just have the odd paracetamol now and again. To be honest I don't feel like I had major abdominal surgery recently at all :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back