C section healing question

Constantstar

Reaction score
Just wondering to those lovely ladies who have had a c section.. I'm about 5 weeks now and still quite sore and sensitive in scar area? Also I'm sure i can see clear thread on one end of the wound - a couple of people said their experience Is that their stitches like this were cut and removed?? But no ones said ne thing to me and I'm not due to see doc till mid sept? Thought the stitches were dissolvable and I didn't need to touch ne thing down there?? Anyone have any ideas or experience? Xx

---
-

I also had a section of clear thread coming out. I ended up using some damp cotton wool on it to remove it xx

Did u just soak it?! Obviously I've been in the bath but it hasn't dissolved it x

---
-

I was numb/sensitive/itchy for a long time. Can't help with the stitch question as I was stapled shut :shocks x

Did u just soak it?! Obviously I've been in the bath but it hasn't dissolved it x

---
-
I can't remember if I had a bath up to that point, I normally shower. But I did just hold it on and soak it. My mw said it only got removed if it was blue and beadlike. My notes did say I had a bead thread that needed to be removed but upon closer inspection it was normal thread. I stupidly pulled the thread and it hurt, so don't do that
Emma x

Sometimes a little end gets trapped into your skin and it's not going to be as flexible as normal skin so will be a bit pulling perhaps. I had disolvable ones each time, and then last time he kept long ends and tied them in his trademarked know outside the skin, and in the end I cut both ends off it was pulling soo bad!

Do you not have your docs 6 week check soon, mid sept seems ages away?

They make the appoint for u at my docs joint with lo first check so Ill be 8 weeks ish xx

---
-

I have had both types, my first section was with the blue long stitch with the bead and my most recent was was the dissolvable ones. I don't like the dissolvable ones as previous surgery I've had I found them to pull and feel very itchy and tight - the section ones werent too bad though. I found it was worse when then left a big knot in the end of it was the worst.

You will feel kinda numb and a little strange around the scar for a while, I would get it checked all the same if your a little concerned. I would specifically make an appointment because at my 6 week check they never even looked at my wound!! I didn't even get a postnatal check after my last baby in November! At 5 weeks post op I would say I wasn't sore as such just a bit numb and itchy. X

Agree with Laura. I felt the same and I didn't have a checkup either x

---
-

I've managed to remove the thread by rubbing with a sponge! I was too scared and only used to dab lol but wiped it and it's off woohoo !! Ta ladies :) x

---
-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back