whos had a c section

paradysso

Reaction score
can i just ask how every had their section wound put back together???

i had dissolvable stiches last time which didnt dissolve (ive had this problem every time ive had an op) so i asked MW about other ways, and she mentioned some thing about beads, and clamps???? :shock:

any one had experience with these other ways? how did u heal?

i had the beads hun, but had to then have stitches 3 days later and it wasnt nice

i had the beads, oooh iv gone all lightheaded thinkin about it :? :puke:

:lol:

can u ladies explain what it was like having beads, staples etc, were they painful to remove, did u heal quick?

i dunno what else, hehe i need help deciding

right beading is basically a really thin piece of wire holding u together with 2beads holdin the ends together, ur scar heals and then they cut the beads off and slide the wire out and thats it :lol:

my scar is beautiful lol - my smiley face on my bits haha :rotfl: :rotfl:

hehe
take it just didnt get any infections? how long after section were u up and about?

I personally never had a problem with my wound, I had salt baths which aids healing and never overdid it but I found that I didnt want to overdo it incase I did even more damage to myself :lol:

id say after a mth i was able to move about properly but it wasnt as long as I thought it took tbh

there are ladies who had infections in their wound, I cant really comment as to why or what happened cos i was lucky

u having an elective then? i want an elective next time round, labour wasnt a nice surprise for me lol :roll: :lol:

my wound got infected and it was 4 months after the birth that it as totally closed. I had a blood clot in the wound and came out with the wound open, it was stitched in the inside but not on the outside. They had to pack it daily and I had the nurse in every day for about 2 months after I had Joe. Very restricitive. It didnt stop me doing anything tho. You dont have any choice but to get on with it and once you get over the fact you have a 10cm gash across your tummy its fine.

Im not saying this to scare you, that was an extreme case. But this time Im fucked if they are coming near me with a knife. I will push like my life depends on it.

thats the main reason im asking, as i had those problems with the disolvable stitches. it ruptured a few months later and it was not a nice experience, but my consultant says if this baby is going to be big they rather i didnt have a vaginal birth as the risk of rupture is higher since ive already ruptured once.

last time i hated the fact the disolvable sticthes were inside, and they removed the dressing the next day, found it a bit freaky tbh.... i didnt trust those sticthes and they failed me, so i want to try another way.

i didnt think ruptures to section would were that rare, ive come across a few people that have suffered.

think i had the bead type things, and disolvable on the inside...not had a problem with the outside but the inside is starting to be a bit worrying...feels kinda funky :?

i must have had dissolable (sp) as i didnt have anything out, mine gont infected but thats my fault as i was to active after plus my big o belly was laying over the wound and so took about 3/4 months to heal properly, i had and emergency c sec so my scar looks rank it is all lumpy and discusting looking just glad its not visable.

I had 10 regular (black nylon) stitches that had to be removed on day 6. Each one being removed hurt a little more than having an injection.

I had staples and i ddnt have any problems with them and they didnt hurt coming out and i never got a infection either and my scar has healed nicely :D

I had regular stitches which were removed at around about day 7 both times.

With my first section I had a bad infection and hematoma on the scar. It may be that I overdid things, I don't know really, :think: probably being asked to move my own locker and possessions in the hospital on day 2 didn't help! :(

Second time around I had a tiny localised infection on the scar which healed up really quickly using salt water baths.

I'd have another section. Definitely.

:hug:

im liking the idea of staples, how long do they leave them in for?

I had 19 staples which were taken out on day 10, i was completely healed by this point with no pain i can recommend them highly oh and also take arnica ;)

I had a thread and bead thingy..

I have also got a "funky" feeling c sec scar :roll:

i had a wire threded thru under the skin, there wernt any beads tho. they just looped it back and tied it to itself. healed fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back