whos had a c section

I had disolvable stitches the first time but they got a tiny infection.

This time I had 16 staples which come out after 6 days. I was totally healed by then and felt nothing when they were removed. I was on my feet really quick after the op, feeling good. Would definatly have everything the same if I did it again.

Good luck :hug:

thanks for all the replies, im thinking staples are the way to go... but im still slightly wanting to trial a natural labour, i felt like i missed out last time, im sooo confused :x

im having a scan in 2 weeks to estimate birth weight, hopefully that will help me decide

paradysso said:
thanks for all the replies, im thinking staples are the way to go... but im still slightly wanting to trial a natural labour, i felt like i missed out last time, im sooo confused :x

im having a scan in 2 weeks to estimate birth weight, hopefully that will help me decide

I felt exactly the same as you because I had a CS with my first and had no choice in the matter.

When it came down to it with my second he just didn't want to make an appearance on his own and the consultant said inducing wouldn't work especially as they'd only let me labour 6 hours. :( So I had another section. I was a little disappointed but it actually turned out much better than the first time around so all was well in the end. :)

Good luck with your scan :hug:

ok ive spent the last hour reading about VBAC etc.... i come across a site with a gallery of c section scars, and some still had staples in :shock: omg i wasnt expecting what i saw.... they look like some thing out of a horror movie, i even showed OH and he said no way :lol:

so im now even more confused..... but ive read about so many succesfull VBAC's and it makes it seem like such a easy decision :think: but then i know if i went over again and had to be induced they only let u labour 6 hours dont they?

does any one know if they maybe offer a sweep at 38 weeks to try and help labour start more on time??? im starting to think i would like to give labour a go :wall: wish this was an easy decision

They didn't offer me any induction at 38 weeks. I was like you and kinda thought VBAC might be good, but what I knew for absolute certain was I did not want to go 14days over EDD just be induced, labour ( my hospital would let you labour for 10 hrs, you have to progress a cm an hour), and then just to have a CS at the end. Or worse still another emergency section. :twisted:

I was shuddering last night at the thought I could still be pregnant and looking forward to all that ^^^ but instead I have my gorgeous daughter and I'm all healed :cheer:

It's such a hard decision...I struggled with it really until I held her and knew everything was ok. Good Luck, whatever you decide will be right for you, I'm sure :hug:

Some hospitals/Midwives do still offer a sweep so you might get lucky. You'll have to ask yours and see what they say.

Babies only come when they are ready and mine didn't want to come out! At 41 weeks he was still firmly in place even though I had a sweep by the Consultant.

Just take it as it comes and try not to set your expectations too high it only makes it harder on yourself.

As for the C-Section scars - well you it is a big surgery and sometimes the scars aren't pretty to start with - they do heal though and fade and what better result than to have a lovely baby afterwards. :D
Big hugs :hug:

Sabrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back