C-Sec Stitches Question UPDATED

HideiLu

Reaction score
About a week ago, the right side of my scar started feeling very sore. OH had a look and thought the wound might have been ever so slightly open. I have had a look today and so did he and about 3 cm's of what we can only assume is stitch thread is sticking right out! :shock:

I was never told I had to have any stitches out and just gathered they would be desolvable?! :? Any ideas anyone?!

Hiya, I replied in a post about this the other day.

I had my section 6 weeks ago and I am still sore and getting stitches cut out (8 yesterday). I had mentioned being sore to 2 midwives and it was shrugged off, eventually my scar was weeping and I have holes all along it (where I've had stitches cut out has healed perfectly but left big marks). The nurse yesterday said its very common yet not mentioned in hospital :think:
She also said I'll probably need to go back another few times to get more removed, I've already been a couple of times :(
This is my second section and I had no probs like this in my first.

You should maybe go to your GP/nurse and get her to check it out, its probably very likely she'll have seen lots of scars like this

xxx

I had dis-solvable stitches and there was about 1cm of thread on each side sticking out for a couple of weeks. Eventually they fell off as the internal bit of thread disovled!

If you have no pain etc there then I wouldn't worry but I would mention it to your MW/GP.

Hi

my section stiches were dissovable ones but i had a stich sticking out so went to see the nurse at my docs to get it snipped then i had no more problems apart from it got infected but that was due to my size and not resting. :wall:

Thanks ladies. I shall pop along to my GP tomorrow then I guess just for him to take a peek xx

UPDATE

Have booked in with GP tomorrow afternoon (Soonest I could get) have just had a little peek, and noticed it is also weeping, I patted it with some ittuse and came away with red blood?!! I haven't done anything extra activy, just been watching TV?! :(

HideiLu said:
UPDATE

Have booked in with GP tomorrow afternoon (Soonest I could get) have just had a little peek, and noticed it is also weeping, I patted it with some ittuse and came away with red blood?!! I haven't done anything extra activy, just been watching TV?! :(

Sounds like mine to be honest, about 5 days before the stitches show it weeps yellowy stuff, although it only looks this colour on gauze/tissue? not on skin and a little blood comes out it. Let us know how you get on hun

xx

How did you get on at the doc Lucie?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back