Brown spotting - anyone had this and baby ok?

Oh no kitty.
I'm so sorry :hug: :hug: :hug:
I wish there was something I could do or say.
Take care of yourself and your DH.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh Kittty i am so sorry.

Please take care of yourself and i send my love to you and you DH

:hug: xxxxx

Kitty, my heart goes out to you, I am so sorry.

Kitty as I have said elsewhere I am so sorry this has happened - life is bloody unfair :twisted:

Jane x

really really sorry love. Is it worth going back for second scan or did the doctor say it definitely wasn't worth it?

Life is so unfair. But what ever happens you'll get there in the end. Concentrate of looking after yourself.

Kx

awwww hun im so so sorry :hug: :hug: :hug: here if you need me my thoughts are with you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, so sorry. I know how you must be feeling right now, it's so unfair.

PM me if you need to talk

huge hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Thanks for the words of support everyone. I'll be fine, though I think I'd better move myself out of first tri! I shall ask the mods to move this to miscarriage and loss in case it scares anyone else!

Yes, I will have to go back for the second scan anyway - although the midwife started off by pretending it was in case it was too early to see a foetus, as soon as she realised I knew exactly what the situation was, she didn't try to pretend there was any hope. At an educated guess, I would think that the scan next week is to establish whether the sac is shrinking of its own accord, or whether it is still growing (since the hormones are released by the placenta, not the foetus, in the case of a blighted ovum the sac can carry on growing till past 12 weeks - at least I found out now). I assume that the results of the next scan will determine management of the miscarriage, ie whether to let it happen naturally or whether intervention will be required.

Whilst the sonographer was doing the scan, I guessed immediately what was up, and tried to catch the measurements as she was reading them out to the staff nurse. I didn't catch the third one, but the first two were 21 and 7. For a diagnosis of anembryonic pregnancy (blighted ovum), you would expect a gestational sac of 12mm+ and no yolk sac. The average of 21 and 7 is 14mm, obviously the third measurement could change things, but when I asked the midwife said the sac measured exactly 6 weeks (which is 14mm); I'm 6+6, though as I ovulated on CD18 of the cycle, I would have expected any scan results to show around 6+2. The yolk sac should appear in the 5th week of pregnancy, so there's a bit of leeway built into the 12mm measurement anyway (i.e. you'd probably see it when the gestational sac is around 8mm+).

Of course, there's always a little room for error at such an early stage - if the sonographer was just a couple of mm out, say - hence the need for a second scan for confirmation. However, it would take a remarkable combination of factors for the next scan to show any better news. I'm disappointed but not entirely surprised. Whatever the truth of the water/diet/morning sickness theory, I felt that something was not quite right, even though I've not actually been bleeding.

DH is hoping I get to keep the bigger boobs though... :roll: :lol:

I dont know if this would help but dont give up yet, i went for a scan at 7+2 only to be told i had a sack, yolk and fetal pole measuring 5 weeks, i was devastated, i lost all hope at that point and never thought it could grow and the baby had died. 10 days later i went for a scan, sure enough baby was measuring the right size for my dates i had before so was 8+4, so i have no idea why it happened and it prob will never get explained but you never know it could all be ok :hug:

Kitty, I just wanted to send you some more :hug: :hug: :hug: It just isn't fair.

im so sorry things have turned out this way for u. spotting was the first sign i had before my m/c too. i hope things happen naturally for u and aren't too traumatic. :hug:

Im so sorry to hear this Kitty... i dont know what else to say apart from take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back