Britains biggest babies ..wednesday @ 9pm on 1

budge said:
Most fat people have smaller babies in my experience

This is exactly what i was saying earlier whilst talking about it, there are so many tiny girls who have huge babies too.

Im starting to think it was a good thing i didnt watch this tonight (wasnt allowed as the apprentice was on lol) it would have wound me up totally.

And as for being bed ridden, i've only put on 2 stone over my pregnancy but my body has had enough, i get tired SO easily, and my knee joints are starting to ache from carrying the extra weight, AND thats without having any of the back or SPD related problems some women go through.

I don't think the programme explained things very well at all.

They showed those stupid women who feed their babies rubbish and then thought it was funny that they are so large (that stupid woman who took her child swimming with pensioners and laughed at him!!....slap her!) But they also showed the other woman who had a very small baby despite her size, and the woman with diabetes who made huge efforts and put on NO weight during her pregnancy yet still had a large baby and almost died! They didn't offer any explanation as to WHY that happened, so I found it confusing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if you eat crap when pregnant your baby will be affected- What the program didn't offer was any advice to the health conscious larger ladies who want to do the best by their kids. Instead it just showed us what we already know....feed your baby chips and he/she will be fat....... :doh:

I think there was too much scare mongering, and not enough preventative advice offered......

sorry to ramble..... :D

I really cannot get my head around the chips...are the women too lazy to cook healthy meals? Do they think that they are being kind to their children by giving them junk food? Do they themselves see it as junk food? I just do not get it :?

I haven't read all 5 pages but does anyone know when this is repeated?

i started watching it.. but got bored coz it wasnt on about big babies it was talking about overweight mums.. it was obviously scaremongering tbh.. i was expecting it to be all about babies born the heaviest and how they were born.. not this baby was born to a 23 stone mother.. and it now needs 6-7 year old clothes and its only a toddler.. what a pile of crap.. im a heafty woman and i gave birth to an 8lb7 baby.. just coz ur bigger dont mean ur gonna ahve a moohhaasivvee baby.. but if you then feed it chips and junk food when it starts to eat then yeah it will be big and u will have an obese child..

what i found with some of the babies were they were large but looked fat when born, as said before my nephew and my older brother were big babies but didnt look fat (if that makes sense) i know plenty of other people who have had big babies but them not looked fat, just big. not all of the babies on that programme were fat but there was one in particular (cant remember which one) that did look all out of proportion (does that make sense?)

i dont believe the "if you are big your baby will be big" my older brothers ex girlfriend (nephews mum) was still in her normal size 8-10 clothes right up until she gave birth to Marley (9lb 5.5oz) whereas my sister who had aimee (7lb 5oz) was HUGE lol

but i do realise what you eat does affect the baby, and although we are going on me being only 6 weeks already im so paranoid! and so is my OH making sure what i eat is healthy and making sure i dont eat too much crap etc.

i assume none of that makes sense to anyone but me :lol:

I know exactly what u mean Chelsea. James was by no means fat when he was born. Just a BIG, stocky boy...

Picture to prove it taken seconds after they extracted him from my belly.......

bigboy.jpg

See what I mean??! :rotfl:

The programme just went on about fat people having fat babies

I dont think its necesserily related

But as for that stupid cow feeding her child chips :wall:

As they reckon this baby is gonna be a real biff, I was very interested in seeining the programme. Wanted to see how pregnancies and births go with large babies. This was only a timy part of the programme....So, I was very disappointed.

i also thought it was one sided, they only showed little bits of woman who weren't obese but had larger babies (the wonam who chewed on rubber).

But i thougtnthere was also some denial from the mother of the children when they were older, for example the mother of the baby who was 5 stone at 3 yrs old. saying he will loose the wieight when he goes to nursery cos he will be running around and that she hopes he wont get bullied at school as they cut to a shot of the two of them going to the chippie. maybe if she had tried to eat healthy with him now they would both be better off. But eating healthy is so much mroe expensive than eating un healthy.

I worked with a woman who ate 3 or 4 chocolate bars, 4 packets of crisps and had af ew cans of coke every day while at work (not counting the meals and toast she snacked on between meals) her baby had health problmes right through, she was still throwing up the day before she delivered and after 36 hours they had to do an emergency ceser cos he was stuck. Birth weight was 1/2 ounce off 14 pounds. I don;t know what he would have been like if her diet had been different but i bet he wouldn't have looked like he did (oh and the poor little bugger was a ginger as well).

it was hard to feel sympathy for her cos she made her own decisions on what to eat (she was also a class A b1tch).

Sandi

Sandi4Paul said:
I don;t know what he would have been like if her diet had been different but i bet he wouldn't have looked like he did (oh and the poor little bugger was a ginger as well).

it was hard to feel sympathy for her cos she made her own decisions on what to eat (she was also a class A b1tch).

Sandi

:rotfl: @ little bugger was ginger as well

fuffins1981 said:
Sandi4Paul said:
I don;t know what he would have been like if her diet had been different but i bet he wouldn't have looked like he did (oh and the poor little bugger was a ginger as well).

Sandi

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shakehead: :shakehead:

sorry i find that quite offensive.

my little boy is big and ginger...you are saying he is not as appealing because of that are you??!

Im sure if you used other minorities rather than ginger the backlash would be far worse....

:think:

I agree it's offensive. My children aren't ginger, but if they were, I don't see why that would make them unattractive. I don't get it why people take the mick out of people with ginger hair, I think it's a lovely colour!

I apologise for finding it amusing. I should have thought about it. I am sorry if I caused offence.

I don't find ginger kids funny. I like ginger hair personally. I just found the sentence funny. But that is no excuse.

And yes, my race is majority black, so I get the minority comment.

I did not mean to offend anyone. :(

Jen&James said:
fuffins1981 said:
Sandi4Paul said:

Sandi

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shakehead: :shakehead:

sorry i find that quite offensive.

my little boy is big and ginger...you are saying he is not as appealing because of that are you??!

Im sure if you used other minorities rather than ginger the backlash would be far worse....

:think:

I would never think yur son is not attractive because he is ginger either. I really wish I had not giggled now :(

I am sincerely sorry :(

I am sorry for the ginger comment, i was trying to say that i felt sorry for the baby as he had been affected by decisions his mother made while carrrying him that he had no control over.

I have no problems with people who have red hiar (many of my crushes on guys have been on ones with red hair), i had thought people would find it funny as ginger bashing is so common in the UK.

I most definatly do not think babies who are big and have red hair are unattractive (this baby wasn't unattractive), just that he may have had a rough start in life based on his mothers pregnancy diet choices.

Sandi

well i watched it and was sorry i am very overweight i put on 4 stone when pregnant with jamie and due to being constantly pg since lol have not really had chance to lose it. i found the programme to be all about overweight mums which ended up with me crying through most of it and now being scared to death of what might happen to my babies cos im so fat and lets be honest im not going to lose any now im pg with twins im trying really hard not to put any weight on and have so far managed not to put on 1 pound i am already 4 stone overweight dont want to be any more after the twins are born
xxxxxxxx

2 out of 6 of mine have very orange hair and i love it i really do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back