Britains biggest babies ..wednesday @ 9pm on 1

I have set this for my sky + as the final of the Apprentice is on at the same time (why is there always nothing good on for ages and then two on at the same time :roll: )

Anyways rant over... back to the topic :D, my uncle (who is now 75yrs old) was 14lb when he was born.... I always say, no wonder my Gran waited 10yrs before she had my Dad who was also big at 12lb something. OUCH!! :shock:

In complete contrast, my Mum was only 2lbs 2oz when she was born, I have one of the hats that was knitted for her as a baby and it is TEENY TINY - so cute

ooooo i cant wait to watch this. i cant imagine seeing a newborn baby that big and lloking at caitlyn who is now 5 weeks old n stil only 6lb2oz

Yip I will be watching this as well tonight, my friend was about 5ft2 and a size 8-10 before she got pregnant and he little girl was nearly 10lb!! Her bump jus seemed to get bigger and bigger bless her :lol: so it just goes to show the size of the mother has nothing to do with the size of the babs!! I think its just because at the min we are in a weight aware/obsessed world because of media coverage etc etc that such issues are brought up about bigger babies etc!!

Didnt someone give birth to a 17lb'er?
Sure thats what is said in the tele magazine!

My god! im glad mine was only 5 pound 15!
:rotfl:

ohhh thanks for reminding me this was on

lfc_sarah - yeah it was some woman in Russia about 6 months ago, ouch

ahhhhh ive beenwondering when this programme is going to be aired.
they came on this very forum months ago and asked if any of us had had a big baby. They left an email address etc.
As Rachael had been 10 pounds i contactedthem and they took down loads of details and asked if i would be interested in being in the programme . i said yes. I waited and waited and they got back to me some weeks later saying that after a huge response they no longer needed me as my 10 pounder was like a tittle mouse compared to the woppers they were featuring :rotfl:
after seeing the trailers for the programme i can see what they mean!
Im recording it to watch later.

They have made me feel rotten already. I was a chunk when I had my son too and he was 8lb1...But this programme says it will prove fat people have fat babies :(

Feel like if having this biff splits me in half it's my fault now :(

budge said:
ahhhhh ive beenwondering when this programme is going to be aired.
they came on this very forum months ago and asked if any of us had had a big baby. They left an email address etc.
As Rachael had been 10 pounds i contactedthem and they took down loads of details and asked if i would be interested in being in the programme . i said yes. I waited and waited and they got back to me some weeks later saying that after a huge response they no longer needed me as my 10 pounder was like a tittle mouse compared to the woppers they were featuring :rotfl:
after seeing the trailers for the programme i can see what they mean!
Im recording it to watch later.

yeh I contacted them too by email ,they took some details from me but then I never heard anything further.

I'm hooked already.
My little'un was 8lb 3oz, and i was told i was gonna have a small baby as my bump was tiny! And i'm not big either.

thats totally not true though.
Most fat people have smaller babies in my experience
i had a ten pounder but im not fat. I gained around 2 and half stone when i was preggas - which was a stone more than any of the others but that was becasue shewas bigger as a pose to her being bigger coz i gained more. If that makes sense.
she wasn't fat either when she came out, she was long - and she certainly not fat now.

I flitted between this preg forum and another, On the other I was due in february 2008 and I was on there with Karen for the 8 months of knowing I was preg.

Karen is the red haired one on here. I would never have the guts to go on a show like this!! :shock:

And WTF is that diet! chips for a dinky little girl!!!! :shock: :wall:

beth3735 said:
I flitted between this preg forum and another, On the other I was due in february 2008 and I was on there with Karen for the 8 months of knowing I was preg.

Karen is the red haired one on here. I would never have the guts to go on a show like this!! :shock:

And WTF is that diet! chips for a dinky little girl!!!! :shock: :wall:

what do you mean? who is karen?

Karen is on the show lol She is the one who is 23st and had shay at 13lb odd then her new baby in Feb at 11lb odd i think.

I remember her saying they were filming loads at the end of her preg

oh i see!!

flipping heck 13 pound baby!!! 23 stone mamma!! fooking hell :doh:

hehe I know!! Ouch :shock: I thought my Teagan was huge at 8lb 15. She never looked newborn.

Oh my this show is making me never want to feed my kids any crap again! :shock: Scared they will grow up fat :oops: :lol:

it is making think i am going to be a bit more careful about the weight i gain and gonna go swimming at least twice a week now.

fuffins1981 said:
They have made me feel rotten already. I was a chunk when I had my son too and he was 8lb1...But this programme says it will prove fat people have fat babies :(

Feel like if having this biff splits me in half it's my fault now :(

nah cause its not!! :D
grrr my mum had big babies and is only 4 ft 11 and weighs about 10 1/2 stone so she is not fat!!
im sure i will have big babies too, (if i ever concieve! :wall: ) as all the women on my mums side seem to,im 5 ft 1" and weigh 9 1/2 stone!!

i think its possible to have big babies and not be fat!!

dont people who are diabectic have bigger babies??

i know loads of slim little girls who bam out 9 pounders.

its nowt to do with the mother body weight.

I was measuring about 5 weeks behind with my baby, and she was 8lb 3oz! She didn't look big though. And i'm fairly slim.
I think people who develop diabetes during pregnancy generally have big babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back