Britains biggest babies ..wednesday @ 9pm on 1

Nicola g

Reaction score
Tell me about it, poor baby, will deffo be watching.

I saw the ad for this the other day :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I can't begin to imagine carrying a baby that big.

Owwwwwww!!

How big are we talking exactly? :shock:

I thought popping out an almosy 10lb'er was quite enough thank you. Anything the other side of 11lb does not bear thinking about :shock:

I've added it to my sky + just incase I forget

Sherlock, one of the womans babies was 13lb 1oz!!! and the paper says that the docs sometimes have to break the babies bones to get them out!!

Yey I will be watching that!! Something that will finally make James look small!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

there was a woman in russia that had a 17lb baby didn't she? or something like that anyway!

Hmmm not liking the write up. Its saying how supersized mums are having supersized babies that stay big...

I know James probably isnt quite as large as some that will be featured on the programme, but I really hate the preconception that if you have a big baby, you must have ate loads in pregnancy and must over feed your baby.

I was a size 10 before pregnancy and back in 12s now so definitely not the case, plus I dont overfeed James. Yes he needed solids early but thats cos he was so big born and i only give him one meal a day of home made veggies plus a bit of rice with his last bottle. He has 5 bottles a day and goes 12 hours or more without during the night. So I dont think that that is over feeding him and if i didnt give him that he would SCREAM his head off! (As I have found out on occasions when I dare be late feeding him!! :lol: )

I hate feeling like im justifying myself but I have had looooads of comments about his size and I can tell some of them are disapproving :shakehead: so I just wanted to set the record straignt!

Sorry to rant and hoodwink your post Midna! I just needed to get that off me chest!! :oops:
:lol:

I'm gonna watch this too!

Jen, it has crossed my mind that the programme is going to imply that big babies are due to the mother eating crap and being over weight when as you know it's not always true. My baby dadies mum is tiny and he was over 10lb's.

Will be interesting to see how they portray things

my middle boy was 10lb 3oz and he slipped out with no stitches or tears :clap: heh what channel and time is it on ?

Sophie1102 said:
Sherlock, one of the womans babies was 13lb 1oz!!! and the paper says that the docs sometimes have to break the babies bones to get them out!!

*crosses legs forever* :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tom was 10lbs 14oz! Nearly 11lbs!
He came out looking like he should've been wearing a school uniform.

LucyBee said:
Tom was 10lbs 14oz! Nearly 11lbs!
He came out looking like he should've been wearing a school uniform.

:rotfl:

I'm sure no-one thinks that if you have a big baby it's because you ate rubbish in pregnancy Jen :hug: People have always had big babies, my uncle was 13lb over 50 years ago. It's just they way some babbas are meant to be, and they look fab for it.

That said, babies are generally getting bigger and there is a medical link with the fact we're all getting bigger. With obesity being topic du jour in the media a documentary is bound to go for that angle. I hope they're fair about it though. :?

i think i would get annoyed if people assumed it was because you didnt eat right during pregnancy

:x :x

Last edited:
I've had two big bubbas

10lbs 10oz
and
10lbs 1oz

Lydia is no way oversized now - she's very average, and Alex isn't enormous either. They've gained fairly slowly.

I am defo gonna watch this, as my baby is suppose to be going to be mahussive.

I am a big girl (6ft2.5 and cuddlier than the average bear :lol: )....So they keep saying 'no wonder baby is big)....My son was 8lb1 and 55cm. So, he was long, but skinny lol

I hardly put on any weight in that pregnancy and have lost it in this one. I think if babies are gonna be big, it often has very little to do with anything to the mom does.

I am looking forward tot he programme. Just hope it doesnt anger me :x :rotfl:

edit: Thought I editied earlier. Looked like I was 6ft5 :lol:

i was a very big baby and so was my sister and cousins,i was the biggest at 13.7,julie my sister was 12.6,my cousins were 10.2 and 11.3.
am i right ttc!! lol!!

joshua was 9 12. Quite tall now, quite slim but tall for a six year old. in the olden days they never used to induce babies so some babies would be born at 10 or even 11 months, so there must have been some heavy ones then. :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back