britains biggest babies rant

trixipaws

Reaction score
"awwwwwww she loves her chips" "she eats a full portion nearly" 2 stone one-yr-old's mother :evil: poor little girl has skin like a 30-yr-old instead of the lovely silky juicey smooth baby skin she ought to have :(

and that woman whose poor obese toddler has to go swimming with a special supersize rubber ring and has to swim with pensioners so he wont get picked on for being obese :cry: she sits there with bright red cheeks stuffing her face with chips and piling her son's plate with chips and grease and whining "i dont want him to be the biggest boy in his class". :twisted: erm, yep love, he will be and its your fault u irresponsible woman!

ooh got me all cross that programme did

its their attitudes that bugged me the most- "awwwww she loves her chips". her pull portion of chips. imagine the controversy of a parent going "awwwww, she loves her vodka! bless, isnt it cute how she tries to smoke, look she does little coughs, awww." :eek:

yes iv given millie a couple of french fries here and there, and she has tasted cherry coke! but not every week! she has fruit and veg and white meat every day and she is the picture of health. unlike those poor kids whose health is probably worse than an average 40-yr-old :(

We watched it too. They simply didnt do anything to help the kids, she took him clothes shopping and he was eating crisps, then went swimming and had smiley chips and nuggets, no veg at all! I felt so sad for that boy, then eating chips on the seafront, what hope has he got?!

Thats why I generally don't watch programmes like that.

I'm amazed at the amount of overly large toddlers and young children I see around these days. I'm sure not all of them have medical conditions or health problems that cause them to be so big. And not all of them fall in the genuinely large toddler or child group either.

There is no need to feed children crap and get them overweight when young. Bad eating habits tend to be instilled in childhood. Be it overeating, eating crap foods, undereating or something else, mostly seems to have roots in childhood.

Galen eats decent healthy food. He's not had a chip, crisp or biscuit or anything like that as yet. Yes he will eat those foods at some point, but only once eating decent food is well established. And then only occasionally. But they won't be treat foods. For example, we eat chips never. Maybe once every few years :lol: Then its oven chips at that. When nannying I worked for a family for 4.5 years and never once did they cook chips of any description for themselves or the kids. They would have them from time to time when out, but the kids never missed them nor ever even asked for them at home. Healthiest eating bunch of kids I've ever seen and I hope we can be like that with Galen as he grows up. But they had 'bad' foods from time to time, but tbh never really cared for them anyways. Sweet day was once a week on a Friday if they had been good in the week. Then they could have their sweets and ate them as they chose. One would eat them then and there, the youngest who of course hadn't learnt restraint then, another would hamster them away and eat them over the week. Another would save them for an evening when watching a movie and so on. As they got older they were far more able to be responsible for that sort of food. I was always really impressed that they had that much control.

Not that I agree with the way those children were being fed, but wasn't the point of those parts of the programme to discuss the issue / possibility that these children MAY have this food "addiction" from before they were born due to the eating habits of the mother.

Was saddening to see that 2 yr old eating that junk though at the leisure centre - like they don't sell healthy food in the cafe there....?

I didnt watch this but i watched holiday showdown the other day that made me upset. They had a chubby boy who wanted to do sports with the other family and his parents wouldnt join in or let him do it for ages. He eventually joined in and really enjoyed himself. After his parents were trying to convince him that he didnt have a good time. Why on earth would some body do that? he really needed to go on a diet too but couldnt believe that he made the effort and then they tried to stop him :shock: :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back