Britains biggest babies ..wednesday @ 9pm on 1

Yeah... they do.

When I weighed at 33 weeks, I had lost 9lb in this pregnancy. My clothes even now still fit around my tummy like they did before I was pregnant. So, I think I have lost quite a lot of weight, while my bump has got mahussive lol

So, if baby is big, it's not what I ate. And GTT was negative.

I was my moms smallest baby at 8lb6, brother was 10lb3, sister was 9lb3 and lil bro was 8lb11.

My OH was 10lb 3 and his daughter was 9lb3. Though they say size of baby is determined more by maternal size...This baby has big genes lol

Both me and OH are 6ft2.5 too, so baby is probably long, which may have thrown them when predicting weight. It did with my son. He was 55cm, so they said he would be 10lb....but he was 8lb 1 :) (thank God!!)

Yeah I was about 9stone 12 when i got preggers with James and I put on about 3 1/2 stone but he was 10lb 2oz. So I lost almost 2 stone as soon as i had him!

Its a horrible stigma that only fat people who overeat during pregnancy have big babies and definitely not true.

:shakehead: :shakehead:

And although James is a big lad I would NEVER feed him junk. He is on solids but only gets home made veggies and fruit. WTF is that woman doing giving her 2 year old a portion of chips??! :shock:

i was 11 and half stone ful term and scott weighed 9lb 12 oz

This programme can only make the stigma worse. And its ashame the only shose big women with big babies as the angle in this programme.

The big children are over fed children.

I do think it is optimal not to be obese when pregnant. I think being my size has meant that this pregnancy has been hard on my body. I think had I put on wieght and not lost it, I would now be bed ridden, like the lady in the programme had been.

i think its a little unfair on these larger ladies to judge them as god knows how hard it is to lose weight especially once you are pregnant however it does make me cross how some of them are feeding these children utter crap, i mean its now classed as abuse to smack a child and yet you can feed it to death and nothing can be done, if you ask me this whole system is going to pot.

yeah i agree that they put a very one sided slant on the show. 99% of the women on there were BIG ladies who had a very unhealthy attitude to food which then reflected on the size of their children.

Its not only v big women who are reduced to being bed ridden or on crutches.

The size of James meant that I had SPD in the last month of my pregnancy and I was on crutches. This was caused by the huge pressure of my BIG baby on my small frame. Not because I was fat already and my bones couldnt deal with the extra weight!

Its typical viewer grabbing prime time TV stuff. Shame really cos if they had shown both sides it could have been a lot more interesting rather than just a freak show....

Are these women thick or something! Feeding their little ones chips! Do they not realise that chip shop chips are dripping in fat! :shock:

That was the problem!!

They showed the type of women who were passing bad eating habits to their kids. Their size was nothing to do with having been big babies.

Tat boy who was born in 1992 is not fat now! And his mom wasn't fat!! They didn't say much about that though!!

My neighbour was apparently about 15lb when he was born about 30+yrs ago, yet he is a very handsome, average built man! So if these kids are 5st at 3, the parents are feeding them the wrong stuff!
I agree with a previous post, it's classed as child abuse to me!

fuffins1981 said:
That was the problem!!

They showed the type of women who were passing bad eating habits to their kids. Their size was nothing to do with having been big babies.

Tat boy who was born in 1992 is not fat now! And his mom wasn't fat!! They didn't say much about that though!!

I do believe that I saw the little girl eating a chewy strawberry sweet...I just hope she didn't have a bagful!

This programme was awful. It really got to me.

I'm obese and got pregnant by accident. I was devistated when i found out because I was losing weight and wanted to lose a lot more before I got pregnant - mainly because of the issues related with being overweight and pregnant. I even considered not continuing with my pregnancy because I was so scared of the complications.

It made me so angry that they made out that obese parents will have obese kids. Not just big babies, but that they'll feed them absolute shite after their born. If anything I want to make sure my kids don't end up like me!

I know it was meant to shock so I shouldn't pay any attention but it really has worried me.

I'm quite disappointed after watching the programme, I thought it was going to be about big babies not mothers who feed their children utter rubbish!

I can't believe she was giving her 1 year old daughter chips :shock: The lady with the 3 year old who was 5 stone was a bit naive wasn't she? Saying her son wasn't going to get bullied :shock: Of course he will, kids are cruel and that little boy is obese. It's such a shame :(

Jacob isn't on solids yet but it's made me more determined to give him the best start in life by giving him healthy foods. He was 8lb 15oz born, I wasn't obese when I fell pregnant and I tried to eat healthy so it's rubbish saying that big babies come from obese mothers. A lot of us on here are proof of that!

Oh and when my Grandad was born in 1912 he was 14lbs, so it's been happening for years :lol:

im a lil worried after that , leland woulda been a 10lb baby and yes im clinicly obsese too :cry: his dad is scared stiff his gonne be a fat baby .

but the programme said that lil babies who pile on the weight fast are likely to be obese kids .

leland at 34 weeks born was a massive 6lb5oz , in just 19 weeks his already near 16lb :cry: his caught up and some , noone ever beleived he was premmie , and his weight gain isnt slowing down , a 1lb ever 2 weeks ish now

Because I was confused lol....Didn't know if you were being straight or sarcastic. I think I have been paranoid :lol:

Sorry kazlin :hug:

You daft mare :hug: I was being serious :lol: Have another :hug:

G3M said:
im a lil worried after that , leland woulda been a 10lb baby and yes im clinicly obsese too :cry: his dad is scared stiff his gonne be a fat baby .

but the programme said that lil babies who pile on the weight fast are likely to be obese kids .

leland at 34 weeks born was a massive 6lb5oz , in just 19 weeks his already near 16lb :cry: his caught up and some , noone ever beleived he was premmie , and his weight gain isnt slowing down , a 1lb ever 2 weeks ish now

Don't worry!

The boy who was 15lb8 leveled out when he was 18 months-2 years. Your son is just building himself up, then as long as he eats ok, will level out.

My son put on weight fast as a baby. He is stocky now. In now way fat. Just solid.

Thank you for the hugs kazlin. I sometimes get worried that I come across wrong on here :)

fuffins1981 said:
Thank you for the hugs kazlin. I sometimes get worried that I come across wrong on here :)

You have never come across wrong to me...you seem like a pretty cool chic...right enough compliments from me for one night :wink: :D

kazlin said:
fuffins1981 said:

You have never come across wrong to me...you seem like a pretty cool chic...right enough compliments from me for one night :wink: :D
:rotfl:

I have a limit of giving out 5 a day :rotfl:

Thank you for the nice words though. I find you really funny :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27