Bringing Up Baby

I can' t actually believe they put her on the telly what a ...........can't think of the word :think: she's making me mad :evil:

yea i was saying stuff too. they dont dare attempt to say anything to me here lol know i just bite back :twisted:

oh and i hold my baby as close to my body as i can get her :) otehrwise whats the point of skin on skin contact?

i tried to do routine but couldnt so sod it.

I didn't watch it last night, but have just booked it on 4od.

xSuzx

I missed this, and I can't get 4oD to download onto my new laptop to watch it :wall:

Does anyone know if it's repeated, or some other way I can watch online? It doesn't seem to be on you tube

Somebody Please Smack The Heartless Evil B***h
smilie_angry2.gif
smilie_angry2.gif
smilie_angry2.gif

I missed the first one but i watched this one. OMG! Who the hell decided to put that Claire woman on TV! I cant believe people pay her to teach them what amounts to child abuse in my opinion. :shakehead:

It made me laugh at times because when the three of them were talking everything i actually do like feeding on demand, baby wearing, co sleeping is ridiculous according to that evil one and yet i have this wonderful, healthy, happy and independent little girl who proves otherwise!

I know Mel I was thinking the same, I do thet same as you with lily and she is the more independent then both my of my boys.

The boys were both breastfed but not for as long as lily, and i had never even heard of a wrap sling then :D .

Lily is by far my most independent, confident child.

xSuzx

i didnt like the way she shoved the bottle in the babys mouth and wiggled it around (twisted it) my baby sucks teh bottle in like well the teat ;) like she does dummys :)

I know its old news now..but ive not been able to get on here!!

That f00k!ng woman is the devil!! my blood pressure nearly popped the scale on the first show :x :x :x :x

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh better now!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i have just found time to read this thread and i think i feel the same as everyone else about claire verity. im looking at grace (who is in my arms) wondering how she would cope being shoved outside. she cries, well screams her head off if i put her down and go out of sight for a minute so she is held loads. mark was, well is spoilt with love and he is a lovely happy little boy. finding the program very interesting though. thought i'd pick up some helpful tips but it has just made me realise that my little cherubs are fine with what im already doing.

I find the not feeding a baby on demand terrible, if you do not feed on demand they will be starving hungary. I have fed both my babies on demand and they soon settle down but do depend on being fed when they scream.

Okay, I mainly just read on this forum as I am always busy writing on another but I felt compelled to add to this thread.

I completely agree that Verity is a witch and I feel she would have been better off working in some Nazi concentration camp than working with babies. I have also been shouting at the TV during the past two episodes and will probably do the same tonight.

However, I have to say that the whole leaving baby outside thing isn't necessarily as bad as made out in this thread. I know it is not really "done" in Britain, but I am from Denmark and there it is completely and utterly normal and babies and toddlers LOVE it. In Denmark we use proper big sturdy prams where there is space for the little one to sleep till they are 2 years old (I myself have had my dad bring one over), and most children prefer having their nap times there and will happily still try to squeeze in when they are really getting too big.

I agree that Verity's approach of leaving them out even though the babies scream and not checking on them is ridiculous and does not benefit anyone. But, really, babies do not get cold in their prams if the prams are properly insulated and the babies properly dressed. The vast majority of Danish mums will tell you that their children have the best sleeps when outside exactly because they are warm and cosy but still get fresh air. And Danish parenting in general is far removed from Verity's approach, so it is not as if sleeping outside and the other methods go hand in hand. In fact Danish parenting in general is very "hippieish". Sleeping outside also has great benefits if you have older children that can't be expected to keep quiet in the house while the baby naps.

I myself will certainly be letting my baby sleep outside providing he likes it. You just take the same precautions as you would if you left a baby alone in a cot i.e. use baby monitor etc. What's the difference between putting your baby down for a nap in its cot while going to do the dishes and putting the baby down for a nap in a pram in the garden?

It is just a cultural thing that makes most British people go :shock: at the thought of leaving baby to sleep outside, not the actual health and wellbeing of the child. Same as with the co-sleeping really. Other cultures extensive use of co-sleeping proves that there is no increased risk to the baby, they have hardly heard of cot death, yet the knee jerk reaction from many is "oh that's dangerous".

I saw the first one and missed the second one, can someone tell me if it was worse, and what did that horrible woman do??? I'm not sure i wanna watch it tonight as I just get upset.

Melanie said:
It made me laugh at times because when the three of them were talking everything i actually do like feeding on demand, baby wearing, co sleeping is ridiculous according to that evil one and yet i have this wonderful, healthy, happy and independent little girl who proves otherwise!

Me too :lol: sod em Olivia is a happy content comfident little girl, so much for it not being the right thing :roll:

is it on again tonight? i'm so confused. I only saw the first one

Pregnopaws said:
I saw the first one and missed the second one, can someone tell me if it was worse, and what did that horrible woman do??? I'm not sure i wanna watch it tonight as I just get upset.

pregnopaws goto channel4.com and click on 4od iand dl it from there. should be free.

i leave my baby sleeping i dont wake her up. i wouldnt like someone waking me up when im sound asleep dreaming.
we tried that keeping baby awake all day but it didnt work. if thatwitch leaves her to it the babys will eventually sleep through the night like my baby does now :)

Im seething!!!

That bloody cow has left those poor twins to more or less starve and then wake them from their nap!

Oh Id love to hire her and then give her a right slapping!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :x :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back