Bringing Up Baby

monster_munch

Reaction score
Channel 4 Now

Just thought I'd remind you :D

Should be interesting anyway.

I've heard that it is very shocking and some proffessionals are campaigning to have these programmes stopped.

But I'm watching 'lucy:Teen Transexual in Thailand' instead :lol:

But hopefully this will be repeated:)

I've already shouted at the lady who said the minute baby comes back from hospital put them in their own cot in their own room.

IMO (just thought I'd add that!) how scary must it be for a baby, to come out of the warm cosy protection of mum's tummy to a huge cot and room and you can't even smell your mum :(

It would break my heart if I had to do that to my babies. But the way she was saying it was you HAVE to do it, get baby into a routine from day 1. Well a routine doesn't mave to be quite so harsh :( :(

Sorry - I can see me ranting the whole way through this programme. DH is glad he's not with me watching it :lol:

No eye contact when your feeding them. WHAT!!!!

The proffessionals are saying (I spoke to a nurse whose mother works as a peri-natal expert today) that it will cause a boom in mental health problems when they're older, if babies are left on their own to cry. I mean obviously we can only do as much as we physically and emotionally can, but just leaving them a lot of the time if they're in distress, is not good. :shock:

I hate Claire Verity, anyone want to track her down and beat 10 bells of shite out of her?

OMG :shock: that blonde one is scary. i wouldnt want her help bringing up my baby!
ooo adverts over gotta go :D

WHAT THE FECK

Only 10 minutes of cuddling a day. Are you fecking kidding me. I'm sorry - but in my eyes that's neglect.

Leaving them outside alone in the cold :shock: I agree they need fresh air, but with their mums. If babies where designed to be independant from a young age, they would come out able to talk, walk and feed themselves.

Fecking hell, i'm going to give myself a coronary watching this, but I can't stop watching. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :x :x

nathanmum said:
OMG :shock: that blonde one is scary. i wouldnt want her help bringing up my baby!
ooo adverts over gotta go :D

I'm nipping back in adverts too - that evil witch needs my full attention. I've woken DD up shouting :oops:

I can't watch it.

I can feel my adreneline pumping and my heart racing I'm that angry.

"No touching your newborn in between feed" So for 4 hours you don't touch your NEWBORN baby?!?!?!?!

Seriously, if I see her in the street I could kill her. That is cruelty. Serious cruelty. Not only will it give the baby's problems, but they learn through direct contact from their parents. Surely it will affect their development?!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm sure that Claire Verity was the one at the baby shows last year, she advocates not feeding premature babies at night as well which is extremely dangerous. Apparently Bounty aren't going to use her anymore!

OMFG - 3 hours in the garden by herself. She's a few days old. :cry:

What if she chokes on some sick or something?!
There's a reason why mum's want to cuddle their babies and keep them in sight.

Oh God - this programme isn't good for my health :(

well im shocked, theres trying to bring a routine in and then theres being completely OTT, its cruel
no holding baby close no eye contact no picking them up between feeds.
Of course you cant hold themn 24/7 but they are newborn they are your children you want them to feel close and loved. I am gutted im close to tears watching this those parents are going to miss out on the most precious moments with their baby! Its so upsetting

£1000 a day to neglect a baby.
What a good way to make a living.

Sorry, I'm going now, promise!

That poor little girl who isn't even allowed to cuddle her new sister and bond with her :(

It's a disgrace.
I'm going to complain to channel 4 that they have put a lady who advocates neglecting babys on TV

O a differet note, the dad with the sling was nice. Something sexy about a man carrying his baby

I'm astonished this is allowed to be honest. They must feel so unloved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back