Bringing Up Baby

I have to admit that there is a stigma with co sleeping as Mrs. Tommo said.. I never told my HV that I co slept with my daughter... she would have told me I was a terrible mother, putting my daughter at risk of cot death....

But in reading Urchins article I can see a lot of the actions that happened during our co sleeping... My biggest fear was that Tia would fall out of bed, and I put pillows and duvets on the floor in case she did, but she never... she would just cuddle up to me, latching on to my breast whenever she felt like it... Plus she never went under the duvet because she was often swaddled or in a grow bag later on and I can't sleep under a duvet fully, I get too hot. I didn't smoke, or drink... and I only started taking any medication that made me drowsy, a few years ago...which I prefer not to take purely because it makes me drowsy...rather have the pain thanks.

I am going to have a look around on more articles to do with co sleeping and see what I can find. Don't think Dh will be best pleased if I start co sleeping with this one though :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I quite suprised to see how many people co-sleep but not because I think it's right or wrong, just because it was something that just never occurred to me. I find it hard enough to sleep with DH in the bed never mind anyone else. :lol:
I also wonder if it's an easy transition from co-sleeping to own bed for the LO. Also, do you all put your LO in their cot til you go to bed, or keep them up with you til you go or what?

I wouldn't be able to relax with a baby in my bed. I'd be too worried about crushing it! I am a deep sleeper though. Quite often if James wakes in the night OH will hear him before I do :oops:

i watched it.. thought it was brilliantly high debated program, even showing the 3 concepts and the women arguing with each other c4 know its going to cause uprawr, and i think they handled it very well..

im unsure what im going to do with this one. in regards co-sleeping.. charlotte co-slept, till she was 1 and my health visitor gave me a row.. and told me she has to go in ehr cot..(was at vunerable time on my life anyways)

so really unsure about this one..and im hopefully going to be breast feeding this time.. i dont want him/her to not go in its cot..as it will be sharing charlottes room at about 6 months old.. so im debating with myself on wat to do... watch this space

emma28 said:
Also, do you all put your LO in their cot til you go to bed, or keep them up with you til you go or what?

Austin goes to bed in his own cot and usually comes into our bed when he wakes early in the morning. He's a terrible sleeper generally though and if I didn't bring him in with me I'd never get to sleep. I'm sure if he was in a strict routine he'd sleep better but he's a baby not a dog and I'm not going to train him.

maybebaby said:
emma28 said:
Also, do you all put your LO in their cot til you go to bed, or keep them up with you til you go or what?

Austin goes to bed in his own cot and usually comes into our bed when he wakes early in the morning. He's a terrible sleeper generally though and if I didn't bring him in with me I'd never get to sleep. I'm sure if he was in a strict routine he'd sleep better but he's a baby not a dog and I'm not going to train him.

alice does the same, but if she wakes before 4am (which she tends to) i get her back to sleep and she goes back in her cot.

i love waking up to little fingers poking me in the nose!! :lol: and her cute little grin, followed by a huge stretch, then she starts on her daddy.

each baby is different, each mothers routine / ideas / beliefs are different. What they consider to be the norm is different.

there are few things i completely disagree with, because if the work in one situation then why not use it! those that co sleep - i respect your decision to do that. those that put their baby in there own room from day one, i respect your decision to do that... etc (well you get the idea).

Each to their own :hug:

I dont see why co-sleeping is frowned upon, as long as the guidelines are followed and you use a bit of common sense then its safe.

Ryan sometimes comes into bed with us if he wakes early on a morning, its lovely opening my eyes and seeing his little face :)

i don't know much about co-sleeping but i am def going to read about it now. I was wondering what you did with your OH-kicked him out of bed or moved him over on to his side a bit more? x x

babys are only small.. i take up that room with my bump now.. so.. lol.. way i look at it his space is ever decreasing neways

I only get a small bit of the bed and its king sized!! my oH is massive!!

well just to change the subject a bit, i jut googled that claire verity and she is truly hated!
At a baby show recently she had to call security to get rid of mothers that were asking her why she goes against all the guidelines for breastfeeding mothers. Fair comment for them, thre mothers, she has no kids.

x-kirsty-x said:
Ryan sometimes comes into bed with us if he wakes early on a morning, its lovely opening my eyes and seeing his little face :)

isn't it one of the best things in the world!!

Yes - can't waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! Passing time on here and have already been out to get my munchies (what diet? :oops:)

Valentine xxx

have already been out to get my munchies (what diet? )

LOL i bought a bottle of lambrini light ..and if it doesn't clam me D will sleep well :rotfl:

[quote="annem" my oH is massive!![/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Bet he loves you for saying it :wink:

:wave: My DH has just asked me NOT to shout at the telly tonight. :roll: :roll: claire verity really gets me shouting at the telly.

I can feel myself getting wound up just looking at Clare Verity's face :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back