Bringing Up Baby

id be interested to know what the stupid mares methods were looking after a poorly baby, would she not comfort it then? STOOOOOOPID FRIGGING WOMAN!

I would find it extremely hard not to cuddle or hold my baby tight against me! it's against nature! a mother's good instinct is to touch and cuddle her baby...

On the other hand I found the tribal way a bit too extreme. baby wearing is good when you're out and about, when you go for a walk, but when you're cooking, cleaning, doing housework etc... it's too dangerous. imagine opening a hot oven with your baby just right there in front of it...

And the routine thing was too vigurous. That woman was making me very angry. i like the idea of a routine, but not THAT rigid. It's good to have a bit of spontaneity, cuddling time etc...

Kina - I agree. I'm just on the C4 website now. I'm trying to find a contact us button for something.

They are going to get a VERY angry e-mail.

OMG! whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! that blonde hag just said babies dont need cuddles did i hear that right?!

monster_munch said:
Kina - I agree. I'm just on the C4 website now. I'm trying to find a contact us button for something.

They are going to get a VERY angry e-mail.

I think they're going to get loads. I'm going to do mine tomorrow when I'm more coherent :lol:

I haven't seen the programme, i will probably download it and watch it at some point.

But isn't this what Channel 4 does? Goes to the extremes to get attention? Either positively or negatively? They have done this in the past and will continue doing it.

They went to the extremes with the extended breastfeeding programme, showing a 9 year old breastfeeding and that got attention as that is a very rare thing to see and not at all common.

I don't know why it didn't link the whole thing, and only did half - if you c&P the whole lot it works

i think im with the dr. spock method. iv just been going with the flow. i do a bedtime routine but that was melissa's idea! (she got very grumpy in evenings until i tried it)

I found this really interesting, the Dr Spock method seems to make sense to me! and thats pretty much how we have raised/are raising Chloe and will do with this one.

As for having no contact with your baby, that woman needs shooting! :evil:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
how can they leave a one-day-old baby crying like that?
i wouldnt let millie cry for over 5 minutes without cuddling her now- at one-day-old i wouldnt leave her one second!

and leaving them outside?! :shock: OMG eeeeeeevil

Well she cant be that confident as she was saying its 7pm and LO is fast asleep as she planned - why the need to whisper?! surely if ur methods are as good as u say in the first 5 mins " u can have a party if u like they wont wake up" then I dont think talking normally wud lol

xx

At the risk of getting yelled at, a lot of people must think that she is good at her job or she wouldn't be who she is, if that makes sense. Do celebrities use her? Is she just famous for being extreme or what? I've never even heard of her.

I totally agree that it's strange of these people to let their children be used as an experiment...however the regieme they chose must be close to the way they thought they wanted to raise their children. I think if anyone followed any of these techniques completely, they would have difficulties with their children later on...

I can't actually see any of the couples sticking to it for very long. It is interesting to see how things have changed and I reckon the moral is to use a mix.

Just me and my opinion though...

I didnt think it fair that they are allowed to handle them so little and the time they are allowed to handle them, she did not the parents lol. id go mad

xx

Kayte&Bump said:
Well she cant be that confident as she was saying its 7pm and LO is fast asleep as she planned - why the need to whisper?! surely if ur methods are as good as u say in the first 5 mins " u can have a party if u like they wont wake up" then I dont think talking normally wud lol

xx
i kno they were all smug about it werent they then a short while later the baby was crying its little eyes out
poor thing

i think she was far too extreme. yes a routine is a great thing but no one expects to get into one for a couple of weeks anyway and even then it should be gradual.
If i had signed up for it with my baby, and chosen the strict one as i wanted routine etc, i would have thrown the lot of them out the second they suggested i put a one day old out in the winter cold where foxes prowled.
Yes the couples signed up for it and agreed etc but how can they sit there and agree to not even making eye contact with their baby! and to go along with allowing a newborn to scream for 3 hours is appaling.

The tribal one was good but i do think there should be some time alone for mums.

The Dr Spok seemed the best but only because it wasnt really a "plan" it was just a case of if it feels right do it.

laetitia85 said:
I would find it extremely hard not to cuddle or hold my baby tight against me! it's against nature! a mother's good instinct is to touch and cuddle her baby...

On the other hand I found the tribal way a bit too extreme. baby wearing is good when you're out and about, when you go for a walk, but when you're cooking, cleaning, doing housework etc... it's too dangerous. imagine opening a hot oven with your baby just right there in front of it...

And the routine thing was too vigurous. That woman was making me very angry. i like the idea of a routine, but not THAT rigid. It's good to have a bit of spontaneity, cuddling time etc...

I thought that, when that woman was having her dinner I thought what if a bit fell on the baby...

I think like anything in life moderation is key, obviously don't ott and dash to pick the baby up if it crys but when a baby crys it obviously wants something, a hug and some love, a change of nappy, or maybe jus checking to see if your there.

I also think why bother having kids if your going to pack them off to bed to enjoy a glass of wine ffs??

Id love it if the fox got that woman!! I mean with the way shes going why not leave the baby at home on its own for 4 hours! May aswell!!!

:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back