Breech baby - caesarean or natural delivery?

maybebaby

Reaction score
Any breech mums - did you manage / want to deliver naturally, or have a caesarean? I'm still hoping my baby will turn, but if he/she doesn't I don't know whether it would be best to try to deliver naturally (bearing in mind it will be my first baby) or opt for a caesarean.

Does anyone have any experience / stories of breech deliveries?

try bouncing on a gym ball, they are goood for babies.
I had a breech baby and was forced into making the decision of a caesarean section.
Good luck and lets hope you get that home birth xx

I think they probably prefer you to have a c section if baby is breech. Probably for safety reasons as I'm pretty sure there can be complications. My bil's girlfriend had a c section 2 months ago due to breech baby, don't think they would have let her go naturally.

Had a section for a breech baby 8 years ago, they didnt really give me a choice, was told to try crawling about on hands and knees ( with BUM IN THE AIR :shock: ) to see if that would help baby turn, but to be honest I wasnt really that bothered.
If its your first then agree with girls they prob prefer u to have a section for safety.

ALL THE BEST WHATEVER U DO :hug:

Katrina
XXX

treena9673 said:
If its your first then agree with girls they prob prefer u to have a section for safety.

Katrina
XXX

IT IS YOUR CHOICE DARLING.
THEY CANNOT FORCE YOU TO DO ANYTHING.
YES IT IS EASIER TO JUST AGREE AND HAVE THE SECTION BUT AFTER MINE I MET SOME LADIES THAT HAS HAD BREECH DELIVERED NATURALLY.
YOU CAN TRY AND IF THAT FAILS THEN YEA GO AHEAD AND HAVE THE CAESAREAN.
BUT ONCE YOU HAVE CROSSED THAT LINE AND HAD THE CAESAREAN THEY BULLY YOU INTO CHOOSING TO HAVE OTHER SECTIONS WITH FUTURE KIDS.
IVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT AND IF I HADNT BEEN FORCED INTO CAESAREAN I REALLY WANTED TO DO IT NATURALLY.

GOOD LUCK HUN IN WHICH YOU CHOOSE XX

ANY HELP GIMME A PM XX

i think id be inclined to say at least try and have a natural delivery, and if it doesnt go to plan then at least you will have a C section

once youve decided to have a C section it makes any subsequent pregnancies more likely to be CSec instead of trying for VBAC

but its upto you at the end of the day, would you be happy to try and deliver normally or would you prefer a section?

Sassyminx said:
i think id be inclined to say at least try and have a natural delivery, and if it doesnt go to plan then at least you will have a C section

once youve decided to have a C section it makes any subsequent pregnancies more likely to be CSec instead of trying for VBAC

but its upto you at the end of the day, would you be happy to try and deliver normally or would you prefer a section?

well said, as i said :) xx

Didnt mean to offend anyone :shock:
Was only offering an opinion. Based on own experience.
Agreeing with STRANGENESS that safety might be the reason for hosp wanting u to choose section.
Not that I thought u should have a section.
Saying that I was quite happy to have a section first time round.
This time I am having a trial of labour then possibly a section.
As there is a slight risk due to the scarring from section.
Will be taking my cue from midwives and docs along with how I feel it is going too!
When it comes down to it safety of yourself and babes is the issue here not what we think u should do.

[/b]

i think it depends on what the presentation of the breech is? ie if its a footling breech(feet first)then its too risky if its bum first then i think you can fight your corner and go for a natural delivery. personally i would probably give it a go with natural and if there was any hint of a problem go for the c section but its up to you????

IVE HAD A CAESAREAN SECTION DUE TO BREECH PRESENTATION, THEN I WENT ON TO HAVE A HOME BIRTH.
I KNEW THE RISKS OF UTERINE RUPTURE AND THIS MADE THE HOME BIRTH CHOICE FOR ME.
I KNEW THAT WHEN I MADE THIS CHOICE.

have you considered acupuncture? there's a good success rate for turning babies.

It's bum down at the mo, but has been wriggling quite a lot the last couple of days so hopefully it's got enough room to turn soon.

I've been trying leaning on my knees and upper arms with my bum stuck in the air for 10 mins every couple of hours. Think it's just given me a bad back though! I might look into acupuncture if it hasn't moved in a couple of weeks.

If it stays breech I'll probably play it by ear & see what docs/midwife recommend. I'd like to try a natural delivery but not if it puts me or baby in danger.

Hopefully s/he will stop playing silly buggers and roll over before it comes to that though!!!

Thanks for the advice/stories.

Sonia - it's reassuring to know that you managed a home birth after a caesarean, my biggest worry about a c-section is not being able to deliver naturally with subsequant babies.

Yes, although they lay it on a bit thick whilst your carrying and saying you want a vbac the success rate is very very good for women that have only needed it becuase of the babys position.
Everyone knows that 2nd ,3rd and so on babys are not that same baby therfor there is a good chance that those babies will not be breech.

I WISH YOU EVERY LUCK IN DELIVERING NATURALLY IF YOU CAN OTHERWISE I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK FOR A CAESAREAN SECTION.

KEEP US INFORMED CHICK XX HOW FAR U BY THE WAY ?

I'm just over 32 weeks so hopefully still time for baby to turn! Midwife was starting to get a bit concerned cos it's been breech for at least 5 weeks.

hopefully yes babe will turn
i was breech form 30 +
you need to demand the ECV turning the baby manually by 36 weeks, after that its too late hun, baby is then too big to b turned
some babies stay turned and ready for birth, some dont and go back anyways xx

good luck hun pm for advice if you need n e more xx

just like you I was hoping for a homebirth... had pool set up and was ready to go. Had thought baby was breech in my pregnancy but midwife kept saying nope, that's the bum your feeling under your ribs (1st pregnancy so I didn't argue). Went for a stretch and sweep 1 week over due and midwife said she thought baby maybe breech (I was fuming!!!) sent for a scan 3 days later and found out baby was breech, one foot up, one foot down (poor thing) I had a section that day and was not given a choice. To be honest I was kind of glad in the end as baby was 9Ib 8oz when he came out and I am very small so think I would prob have ended up in theatre anyway. You still have time though, fingers crossed your little one turns.

bex said:
just like you I was hoping for a homebirth... had pool set up and was ready to go. Had thought baby was breech in my pregnancy but midwife kept saying nope, that's the bum your feeling under your ribs (1st pregnancy so I didn't argue). Went for a stretch and sweep 1 week over due and midwife said she thought baby maybe breech (I was fuming!!!) sent for a scan 3 days later and found out baby was breech, one foot up, one foot down (poor thing) I had a section that day and was not given a choice. To be honest I was kind of glad in the end as baby was 9Ib 8oz when he came out and I am very small so think I would prob have ended up in theatre anyway. You still have time though, fingers crossed your little one turns.

aww hunni hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back