Delivery of Placenta

I had the injection and didn't really notice it coming out. I was holding Ben and yet another contraction was the last thing on my mind. My midwife did insist on showing us and to be honest it's not pretty :puke:

I had the injection with both of mine but unfortunately it didn't work the first time and I had to go for manual removal. This time I was really worried about it but it came out very quickly and easily after the jab.
I would opt for the jab everytime to reduce the risk of needing manual removal. x

I'm not a mum yet, but I head there is some debate about the injection and messing with your own natural hormones.....I'm planning on allowing upto about 45 mins to deliver it naturally, and then might not have any choice but to go for the injection (apparently,they'll allow it to come out naturally upto about an hour).

L xx

Kim&Leah said:
i had the injection but it was stuck fast and wouldnt come out
so they had to peel it off my womb :puke: :puke: :puke:

Same here... the midwife pulled the cord and it snapped. :shock:

Because I couldn't have an epidural I had to have a GA to have it removed. On a brighter (TMI!) note I think they had a good clear out while they were in there because my bleeding has been very light :rotfl: .

I had an injection, it wasn't really a big issue really, once I'd finished with the actual birth I wasn't caring what else happened just so long as I could chill out for a bit :D

I would have liked to do it naturally but I was bleeding a lot and at home and the midwives were concerned that it I kept bleeding we'd have to go to hospital so I was more than happy to have the injection.

It only took a couple of minutes & was nowhere near the same as having the baby! I just remember she kept faffing around with the cord & I was getting really annoyed so in the end I handed OH the baby & said right, let's get this thing out :twisted:

Next time I'd like to try for a natural delivery again but will be happy to have the injection if I need to.

God do you no what i really cant remember if i had an injection? I was totally off my head on pethidine and id had an epidural and been in labour for 56hours so it was a bit hazzy!!

But i can remember them pulling it out. felt disgusting....looked like a big purpley red-boogie to!!

I am unsure as to whether i had the injection or not, OH cant remember either. So caught up in the moment i didnt notice. Forgot to look in my notes before midwife took them away with her :roll: But i think i may have been given it as i delivered the placenta not too long after OH had cut the cord.

daftscotslass said:
Kim&Leah said:
i had the injection but it was stuck fast and wouldnt come out
so they had to peel it off my womb :puke: :puke: :puke:

Same here... the midwife pulled the cord and it snapped. :shock:

Because I couldn't have an epidural I had to have a GA to have it removed. On a brighter (TMI!) note I think they had a good clear out while they were in there because my bleeding has been very light :rotfl: .
Thats probably true...I ha a manual removal of my placenta with Tia and I only bled for about a 10 days after birth...but with Serena I bled for nearly 7 weeks :think:

I had the injection - wasn't aware of it and didn't feel any pain or extra contractions. Was pretty fast and painless.

awwwww i dont know if its just me but... the thought of it makes me go all... "errrrryyyyuck" and sqwimish! i hate blood and things with look like jelly fish! lol

I had the injection and it slithered out pretty quickly with no problems :) Didn't really get a good look at it though.

OMG it has taken this question for me to wonder and wonder and wonder....... I really don't remember at all.

I think Harrison was born then i heard soemone say another big push and that came out after....... ?????? Right im off to ring my mum because its really getting me mad that i don't have a clue....lol

I wanted to deliver it naturally but because I was induced and ended up with an episiotomy they gave me the injection. To be honest at the time I didn't care. I have no idea how long it took to came out but it was very quick.

Urchin - I had the same prob as you post birth. Had to stay on the drip for 12 hours afterwards to keep my womb contracted and stop me bleeding. DId you have the same problem?

K.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back