• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breast shells

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
just wondering for those ladies intending to breast feed, are you using, or have you ever used breast shells to catch the excess milk?? i was advised by midwife that they are a good investment (only abouit £10) - any ideas??xx:)

I use to leak loads from one breast while feeding off the other so i used these, they are great for catching all the excess milk they really worked. It was surprising how much you collect, i had to empty it a few times too!

I have never heard of these!! I used to leak from one too while feeding with the other. Something to catch the milk would be great. Where do you get them?

thanks ladies, ive seen them on amazon, just type in breast shells and you can see them on there.im gonna get some me thinksx xx

I bought mine from boots, was a while ago though. xx

I wish I had got some of these for the first bit as not only do they catch leaking milk but if your nipples are sore they would stop clothing being right up against your nipples and rubbing!

I used these with my son as I had soo much milk id soak a breast pad in an hour!
These worked really well but if your wearing a non padded nursing bra they make your boobs look like there a funny shape, but nothing major lol x

Last edited:
I didn't realise you walk about wearing them all day?? Thought it was just at feeding time to catch milk.

I dont think you do normally wear them all day - there were just times in the first couple of weeks where my nipples were cracked and bleeding and I could have done with nothing touching them for a bit but needed to be dressed.

Shame you can't get ones that would work well when lying down! I wake in the night and have leeked everywhere, I'm wearing two breastpads at a go at the mo!

Have to sleep on my back and only go on side for night feeds as it helps squeze more out laying down!

Sorry to sound a bit anal but what are breast shells?? Sound weird :/

(morning jj mum I'm not following u around the forum I promise lol)

Shame you can't get ones that would work well when lying down! I wake in the night and have leeked everywhere, I'm wearing two breastpads at a go at the mo!

Have to sleep on my back and only go on side for night feeds as it helps squeze more out laying down!

It's really annoying isn't it! You sound like your doing really really well though :)

They are really jar to explain lea lea, like a plastic moulded cup with a rubber thing with a hole that you put over your nipple, annoy catches milk but without touching your nipple so you can let the air circulate and not be sore. I will use mine I reckon if I get sore, and plenty of lasinoh lanolin cream too! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back