Milk

Layla

Reaction score
im a bit worried, on my last 2 pregnancies i started producing milk way before i was due, i didnt breast feed tho.

this time round i have deicded to try to breast feed and i still havent got any milk come in, does this mean i wont have a good suply this time?

shouldnt i have some by now being as i only have a couple of weeks left?

My boobs are starting to leak a little now but not loads. Not enough to have to wear breast pads. and they always seem to do it at night! Maybe my hormones increase at night time? I think though that your milk would come in pretty much near labour or even if the baby latches on that might get them going, you'll have to start playing with them to stimulate them but dont do in front of OH as you know what men are like he'll think you want cuddles!!

Hi Layla,

I don't think everyone starts to leak milk before they have their baby - for some people it takes a couple of days after the birth. I would speak to your midwife if you are worried though xx

I had the colostrum stuff if I really squeezed but I never leaked. My milk took 5 days after the birth to come in and I still don't leak a lot now, don't worry nature will take care of it :D

Don't worry - mine came in 3 days after she was born and I've had no problems feeding her.

what about untill it came in tho, did you have to use poweder milk?

You will have the colostrum before the milk comes in and they just drink that, it is all they need. Rubie wasn't interested for the 1st 24 hours anyway because she was mucousy and kept throwing up. She was fine on colostrum until my milk came in.

Hey hun

I havent had any either, well except that saturday morning hwen i woke up with pain i noticed my right nipple was a little wet, but since then not a drop, so i think some of us are just different, i dont mind that just means we dont have to use breats pads yet :D
Katrina

oh yeah i know they have colostrum, but i havent even got that yet, will that auto come as soon as i give birth?

Don't worry Layla, you will definitley have something for your baby....I didn't leak, or notice anything at all for the first few "feeds" it was only when he was a little bit sick I had any confirmation he was getting anything in his tummy at all!

yay! i got some lol

i used my brest pump last night just to see how it worked and to get used to it etc, and i got some colostrum, more from the right than the left, but i was happy to see it, dont feel so worried now :)

Hello

Good of ryou now you dont need to worry, reminds me i need a breast pump as well.
Take care Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back