• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breast or bottle

puppylove

Reaction score
Has anyone decided yet if they are going to breast feed or bottle feed, id like to give breast feeding ago and if it doesnt work then ive the bottle as my second option.

Im bottle feeding, its just personal preference I think. I have always said I would bottle feed although im waiting for the midwife to give me a hard time about it lol

Im determined to breastfeed, if I can and cant wait to have that closeness with my LO.........Im not even buying formula bottles to begin with!

I really want to breastfeed, with my son i tried but he was just so lazy he didnt take to it, so id love to be able to do it this time round. also im hoping it will help me loose the baby weight :D

I breastfed my daughter and loved every minute of it and I'm really hoping that this time round I am able to do the same again. I would reccommend it to anyone who wanted to give it a go. It's a lovely bonding experience between you and the baby. :D

EllieBelle said:
Im determined to breastfeed, if I can and cant wait to have that closeness with my LO.........Im not even buying formula bottles to begin with!

Same here.

nikkix said:
Im bottle feeding, its just personal preference I think. I have always said I would bottle feed although im waiting for the midwife to give me a hard time about it lol

Im exactly the same. Im going to bottle feed and have said that's what I wanted for day one, like your saying its my personal preference. Im also waiting on the midwife putting the pressure on me to breastfeed :lol:

I bottle fed Sophie, and in all honesty I feel as if I missed out on more bonding with her when she was little - so I am defo giving breast feeding a try this time round!

Well dont let ur midwife tell you all what to do i think its up to the mum if she wants to breast feed then thats her choice and if she wants to bottle feed then thats her choice too at the end of the day the mum is the one left with the baby and not the midwife :D

Good luck to you all when the time comes for feeding your little one the way you want to

Plan on breastfeeding at the hospital so that baby can get the antibodies they need straight after birth but ive got bottles for when we come home so i can bottle feed formula or expressed milk so that OH can have bonding time with the baby as i feel he will feel left out if he cant feed his child personal opinion though :)

I am planning on breast feeding, although if I struggle I will obviosuly bottle feed. I don't think MW shoudl give people a hard time, everyone has their own reasons for bottle or breast. I have a friend who is righteous about breast feeding her children and thinks everyone else should, however she is a smoker and I passing all the bad crap to her baby that way!!! Sorry if anyone on here is a smoker I am only saying this as she is so righeous about feeding etc because of the health implications!!!!!

nikkix said:

I hope she doesnt give you a hard time.... its your baby your choice! I'm a firm believer in doing whats right for you!!

I'm definitely going to give breastfeeding my best shot, i know how hard it can be as i've seen friends go through it but i'm joining the NCT and planning on going to a breastfeeding support group too, so that if i dont suceed i'll feel like i did give it a good shot! If i have to bottle feed though so be it!

Bekie

I didn't even think about breastfeeding i just wanted to bottle feed. But after i had tania i felt guilty because i didn't attempt to breastfeed and try it. And i still regret it now. So this time i think I'm going to have a go at it!

Well as this is our last ive decided to give breastfeeding a go i bottle fed my other 2 and wished id given it a try although il have some bottle's in incase things dont go to plan or to express if thing go ok. I cant wait in all honesty. :)

It's weird how many of us are doing this for the 2nd or more time but yet this will be our 1st attempt at breastfeeding!

If I'm honest, I think I didn't even try as I was scared about failing, plus I was a first time mum and had no clue what I was doing - but this time round I'm settled in my role as a mum and I'm not scared about anything and think I'll be far more relaxed if that even makes sense (it does to me :lol: )

Vicki83 said:
It's weird how many of us are doing this for the 2nd or more time but yet this will be our 1st attempt at breastfeeding!

If I'm honest, I think I didn't even try as I was scared about failing, plus I was a first time mum and had no clue what I was doing - but this time round I'm settled in my role as a mum and I'm not scared about anything and think I'll be far more relaxed if that even makes sense (it does to me :lol: )

I agree with this totally, i was much more chilled out with my 2nd and 3rd and i did try to breastfeed but with lee my 2nd he was feeding every hour on the hour and i had a 14month old at the same time so i gave up after a week. With tia i fed her for a week then had an infection so couldnt feed her for 2 days or express as i was too poorly. I did try again but my milk supply was awful after missing 2 days so i managed to express so she was having 2 feeds a day of mummy milk.

With this one im determined to give breast feeding another go for at least a week if not longer if i can, but i wont beat myself up about it if i cant, as ive already bought steriliser and bottles in case i cant as theres nothing worse than a screaming hungry baby and youve nothing prepared for just in case, will buy a tin of formula in as well to make sure im prepared :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Think I may do that as well Kaye just incase I can't BF - never even thought about that!

I'm going to give breast feeding a go, but I won't beat myself up about it if it doesn't work out. WIth Holly I did breast feed for the first 3 days and then my nipples hurt! :x I was already in enough pain after having a bloody emergency C section so I switched to bottle for a few days and then did a bit of both for about a month before dropping the breast feeding. I plan to do the same this time really and just go with the flow.

I would recommend to anyone planning to breastfeed though to get some bottle feeding kit in anyway because you just don't know what will happen no matter how determined you are to make it work.

I want to give it a go, but I'm not to hung up about it. I know that my mum really struggled with mastitis and actually had been told not to even try it when I was born (I was the third), but she did anyway and I drew blood in less than a week. If it should get that bad, I would not persevere, but happily switch to bottles, rather than putting myself through unneccessary suffering.

I know that there's a lot of arguments which indicate that breast is better than bottle, but sometimes I find the pressure which is put upon mothers and the propaganda connected with it a bit hard to take and even off-putting.

There was a NCT-guide as one of the freebies in a pregnancy mag recently, and reading it, really started to annoy me, as there were a lot of claims, but there was no referencing and no substance to it, and sometimes it almost feels like that some of the good things about breast milk are beefed up a bit without real evidence, just in order to support the claims, iykwim.

I'm happy to accept facts if I'm presented with the supporting evidence, but get very sceptical when they start coming up with things like that no other mammals would drink milk of other species, which is clearly a non-sequitur (humans have been drinking other species' milk over such a long time that adaption has occured, which e.g. is also supported by the presence of lactase in humans, which helps digesting cow's milk).

I'm not saying this to claim that formula would have the same benefits as breast milk or would be better. I just get annoyed, when half or even non-truths are thrown into the argument, as it always makes me wonder how many of the other claims are really true.

I made up my made with my ds from day one that it was bottles. breastfeeding just didnt appeal to me at all.

This time around however, i really want to try it, although i have said to my midwife that i wont persevere if it doesnt feel right. I had post natal depression after the birth of ds and am hoping that breastfeeding might help to give me a bond and closeness with this baby, but i will not get stressed if things dont go according to plan and will probably buy in a few bottles etc just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back