breast and bottle feeding question

ejjie said:
I want to BF (and will possibly be ok in public too) but am planning on OH doing the late night feed so I can go to bed earlier so was thinking a bottle of formula every night. Don't plan on expressing though - it doesn't sound much fun!

One of my friends who's had two kids says it's really worth doing this if baby will feed from bottle and drink formula, as not only does it allow OH to do it but the formula helps them sleep much better. I've heard quite a lot of people say that - sounds worth it to me lol!

A baby will sleep for longer after a bottle, but I wouldn't say it slept better. They sleep longer cos they tend to get more milk - same as us having a big kip after stuffing ourselves at Christmas dinner, and formula milk is a bit harder for them to digest. Even if you are going to mixed feed, it would be better not to introduce the night time bottle until 6 weeks to give your milk supply chance to establish.

To help get your confidence at public feeding there are lots of 'breastfeeding cafes' about now - drop in sessions for Mums where you can get advice on any feeding problems and meet other new Mums in your area.

I'm same louears, i want to BF and express too but maybe i am a little niave to it all, in thinking that it will just happen and that i'll be able to do it, i also would be too embarrassed to wack the diddy ( :lol: ) out in public so it would be either be able to express a few bottles or stay in the house, and i don't want to be housebound :think: ....
So i do think it won't be easy but i'm gona give it a try, although they say your nips be that sore and raw after birth :shock: duno the truth in that ! ! !

I have the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and dummies all set to go, so fingers crossed i'll be able to use them.!

The fun hasn't began yet for us :lol: :lol:

If you type 'modest breatfeeding' or something similar into a google search you'll probably get some tips on how you can stay covered without having to carry bottles. I found a great clip showing a way of nursing a 2 week old baby in a wrap sling so that there's no booby on display. Can't seem to relocate it though....sorry. Here's one for using a ring sling.
http://www.expertvillage.com/video/1118 ... -sling.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back