Breast or bottle?

Thanks Beanie, I think I will just breastfeed if I can. I'm a bit nervous about the co-sleeping though (I am a heavy sleeper and fidgeta lot!) I will just keep her in the cot beside my bed.

That's cool, at least then you can just lean over and get her without having to get out of your nice warm bed :D

I will just keep her in the cot beside my bed.
I had Ella in her crib right next to my side of the bed, then I could just pop her straight into my bed for a feed. She sleeps through now and is in her own room (apart from last night when she was up at 2am for some inexplicable reason!).

Breast.

I've breastfed all my four children - eldest is now 18 and youngest 5 months. Luckily, with the exception of the latest addition, its been very, very easy. No cracked nipples, no blocked ducts, no mastitis - in fact it was the most natural and easiest thing to do. I wore my babies and fed them on the go even at work. I breastfed them all until on average well over a year old.

Unfortunately, due to illness, I have had to give up breastfeeding little James at only 4 months old. It has been probably one of the worst periods of my life. I have been judged by people that don't know me or the reason I have had to give up. I have been 'tutted' at, given long and evil stares and ignored all because I am bottle feeding.

I don't know if there is a moral to whats happened but if there is one I think its that i would like ALL mums, wether breast or bottle feeding, to be a little more accepting of other parenting styles, be a little more thoughtful with each others feelings and be less judgemental. The boot could quite easily be on the other foot one day...

I love breastfeeding but it took a few weeks to sort it out as Zara was 7 weeks early and couldn't suck easily. Then we had a lovely couple of months of colic and reflux where people kept suggesting that there was something wrong with my milk. That was a high point.

However, now we're experts and it's so convenient. You hardly need to wake up for night feeds and when you want to go out the milk's already packed and ready to go :lol:

Hillbilly said:
Breast.
I have been judged by people that don't know me or the reason I have had to give up. I have been 'tutted' at, given long and evil stares and ignored all because I am bottle feeding.

(((hug))) thats just plain rude of them. Everyone should do what is right at the time.

Hi

When I had Isaac he couldn't latch on to my breast. We now know he is tongue tied like me which probably played a part and also I was exhausted after such a long hard labour and I was extremely uncomfortable trying to sit up. As soon as I decided to just stop trying to breast feed and bottle feed the midwives totally lost interest in me. They wouldn't even take Isaac so I could rest. The second night in hospital I felt drunk with exhaustion and they took him for one feed (right next to my bed so I still couldn't rest) but then refused to take him after that for another feed. They spent as long as it took though helping the mums breast feed. I felt like a second class citizen.

I am going to try again with breast feeding if I have another baby but will in no way feel guilty if it doesn't work out.

Lou :)

I know its not for every one but continuing bf was the best thing I ever did! I used every support mention there was. But I had to look for it. I was sore and did give up and treid expressing but The cleaning of the bottles was worse than the pain!

Jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back