breast feed or bottle?

Mayday said the same things that I feel, it's free, once you get used to it it's hugely convenient, there's a really special bond when you're feding them too!

But it's wrong for people to make you feel bad about bottle feeding....if they push you, tell them the medication you're taking for being a psycopath interferes wth baby so you can't do it! That should shut them up!

xnicolaxcx said:
sorry im not saying you are trying to make formula look bad or saying it is bad for baby. but what the links say make formula look bad,

I looked at these sites and from what I see they are just telling people a few facts about formula, how you take those facts is up to you. Presumably mothers should want to know about formula anyway, I'd hate not to know what I was giving my baby.
The second site was just redressing the balance about the channel 4 show, and the first site posted by beanie wasn't anti formula in my opinion, just like any other site with nutritional information about food.

Take toxins, if you looked at all the things in the world that contain toxins, you'd never leave your house, never clean it, never use air freshener, never use regular soap etc. It's all about being realistic and making an informed choice.

i thought the channel 4 comment was interesting cos i would never have given it a thought. we put all sorts of stuff on and in our bodies and i never considered that this could go into breastmilk :? stupid i know. you think of alcohol and stuff but not shampoo makeup ect
im not saying that formula is better in that sense im just saying i never thought of it?

Silly question maybe?

can you breast feed and formula feed?

I did for the first 2 months, and did it successfully. I was uder the (mistake) impression that I wasn't producing enough milk when in fact seren feeding frequently was normal newbor behaviour. There are drawbacks to doing both though, there can be teat cofusion,it is much easier for a baby to get milk out of a bottle whereas they have to work at getting milk from the breast so some babies will show a preferece for bottles. Also it can be very detrimental to your milk supply and I have spoke to a few mums who have found their milksupply has sloweddown as their body wasn't getting the message to make milk.It took a lot of work to get my milk supply up so I could feed Seren exclusively. I personally would not recommend combination feeding to anyone who wanted to breastfeed exclusively

i'm going with breastfeeding but i have to return to work around the 5month mark i think so did not know what to do. I'll express if that keeps the milk flow up then and hope there is not too much teat confusion :?

annem said:

i'm going with breastfeeding but i have to return to work around the 5month mark i think so did not know what to do. I'll express if that keeps the milk flow up then and hope there is not too much teat confusion :?

At 5 months your baby may be able to have a cup, in that case setting aside time during work to pump ( which you are legaly intitled too ) and then having somone give your baby booby milk during the day, is acheiveable, then you can continue when you get home from work, many mums do it.

There is always milk stimulating tablets that can help when they go through a growth spurt, but I highly reccomend you start pumping after 6 weeks and then putting it in the freezer for when you do as back up booby milk :D

Hi

i also had no idea formula was made from cows milk :lol:
im so lost when it comes to formula when i baby sit my nieve whos 3 months now shes on formula except for nights when my sister is back from college but ive never researched formula and whats in it its all a mistery for me i guess all ive ever done so far is BF my two kids .
Each to their own though i feel very comfy BF but others do not as long as your babies healthy and happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back