Breast feeding (people who have or are )

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i was just wondering out of a matter of curiousity how long u breast fed for or if u still are wen u intend to stop??
i breast fed for the first 10 days and wish i could have done it longer but MW told me to give up as B wasnt getting enough milk

I breastfed for 8 months until he got teeth!!

abigail i breast fed for 6 weeks
tia i breast fed for 2 weeks
jordan i breast fed for 10 days before he went back into hospital with broncolitis (sorry cant spell)

sarahxxx

First son ... 2 weeks
Daughter ... 18 months
Oscar ... still bf'ing - will probably just go with the flow :D (maybe 16months)

Hard work, but very enjoyable! You'll need to try again next time Sarah!! :D

Emilia xx

Dior - nothing

Harley - all together about 5oz of breast milk

I am just going to see what happens. The best thing I ever did was keep trying, we got there in the end!!

Jadie

Hi

Kiara just turned 8 months and im still going i intend to stop at 1 year but in the beginning i also said 6 months :oops: lolso you never know .. its os convenient!!
Katrina

Jadie said:
I am just going to see what happens. The best thing I ever did was keep trying, we got there in the end!!

Jadie

same here. so far have done 8 and a half months, not bad considering I didn't think I was going to get through the first week (or first 4 months - grr)

Srah, midwives are usually crap at giving good adive regarding breastfeeding. Next time talk to a breastfeeding counseller, they get more training then midwives and health visitors :D

Jadie said:

Jadie

Ditto. Still bf, will go with the flow and see how I get on throughout the pregnancy. If Ella still wants it then I will probably tandem feed. I love our boobie cuddles :)

I BF for 3.5 months, i loved it, but found it difficult at first, Charlie had to drink her boobie milk out of a cup at first bless her, it really didnt come natural to either of us, but we i had my heart set on it, so we persevered, and like the others have said, we got there in the end!
Id defo want to do it again.

yeah im really upset as i gave up so easily but they said he wasnt geting enought but he wasnt screaming for milk ???

deffo gonna do better wen i have another

I breastfed for 3 weeks and expressed combined with breasfeeding for 3 weeks, so 6 weeks altogether :)

I breast fed for 3 days. I didn't have any milk and Aaron was starving. When I stopped I never got sore boobs or anything. They didn't leak so I'm guessing it just wasn't meant to be that time. I would try again. I'm glad I did the 3 days because it's all the good stuff in the first few days so he got that.

Hi Sarah

I'm still breastfeeding but when Olivia turned 6 months we introduced one bottle of formula before she goes to bed. She wont take much from the bottle and sometimes refuses it so although I was going to wean her from boob I don't appear to have much choice at the moment!

I'm another one that belongs to the "found it really difficult at the start and nearly gave up when Olivia was 1 wk old, 2 wks old, 3 wks old etc.

I don't think I'll breastfeed beyond a year (when I go back to work). Olivia got teeth at 4 months and have been bitten many times but hoping she'll stop doing that soon!

Lucy

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
yeah im really upset as i gave up so easily but they said he wasnt geting enought but he wasnt screaming for milk ???

deffo gonna do better wen i have another

what made her think that he wasn't getting enough then? Sorry but it really is a big bugbear of mine, the crap support and ill informed advice out there *climbs down from soapbox*

I don't think anyone who has breast fed would ever say it was really easy at the beginning. It was hard work for me and I only did it 3 days. Learning to latch a baby on properly takes time and seen as I have huge boobs I had to watch my positioning so I didn't cover his face but also didn't stop milk flow.

I BF for 11 weeks in total, Aimee made it very easy for me & didnt really have any probs with latching on etc, I wanted to go til 3 months but had few probs with not producing enough milk so she was feeding all evening and it drained me and I found it very unenjoyable & stressful so I decided to give up - she also started to teethe at 8 weeks which put me right off!
Im glad I did BF and I would again but I found it very restricting as Im not one to get my baps out in public as got too embarrassed.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back