Breast feeding question

Tineke

Reaction score
I have been breast feeding and am curious as to how much milk Seth should be drinking.

There are some days of course when he drinks every hour for a few hours but everytime he drinks he is only drinking off of one breast and it only takes him 10 minutes to drink it (sometimes it is only 3 minutes - thats quite common for him), then he is sleepy, falls asleep (which makes it difficult to burp him) and will sleep for 3 hours or so.

I am wondering if he is getting enough milk, as I have read on here that some mothers have their child feeding for 30 minutes to an hour at times. There has only been 1 time he has gone from one breast to the other in one feed, and even then I had to wake him to finish the first breast.

He is growing well and a very placid baby, is this just him?

Let me know your thoughts!!

Luv Tineke

Hi there
I've read so much about BF now - almost feel like an expert!! :lol:
Anyway, I recently read on a website that some babies satisfy their hunger with as little as 5-10 minutes on the breast. All I can say is........... You Lucky Devil!!!!!!!!
Enjoy him and as long as his gaining weight - relax and be glad you're not stuck to the sofa for hours on end! :shock: :lol:
Emilia xx

Brody is a fast "eater" too
His normal feed time is 10-15 mins, he's putting on loads of weight and only wakes once in the night so I'm fine with it.

Lucky you!! I think they are all different, and you get out of endless feeding episodes; everyone on here will be dead jealous lol!!

Rubie can be on me for an hour sometimes :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back