breast feeding

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i am watchin the programme on channel 4 bout breast feeding and althought i wouldnt have breast fed for like 8 years not even 2
but i so wish that i could have breast fed him till bout now instead of HAVING to give up at 2 weeks i really feel like i have let him down now - i know its really sad but i just feel iv let him down as every1 says 'breast is best

That prog is soooo sad, those twins are breaking my heart.

No you havnt let Braydon down at all. Please dont think like that...

I get very cross when some Breastfeeding Mums and HV's put on so much pressure that those that either give up or choose not to Breastfeed feel guilty or a failure.

I have Six children and I have fed 3 of the 6 myself and the other 3 by formula and they are all equally as healthy as each other and all thrived equally and now are teenagers that take up a lot of room !!!

I am feeding Aidan at the moment, and will do so as long as I can. My daughter who is 18 is due any day now but I have told her that if she does not get on with Breastfeeding and its not for then so be it.

Stop feeling like you do, Braydon is adorable, you are a good mum and hes thriving !!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxx

P.s...Nearly threw up when the woman said she had a baby on one breast and her husband on the other....sorry but that is gross !!!

thank u ragna u made me feel a bit better - ur daughter and other kids are so lucky!!!

ur right about HV and people putting pressure on people to BF

Sarah, have got my bossy boots on and am telling you not to dare feeling guilty. From your post i understand you did it for 2 weeks, well you gave him the best start you could and for whatever reason it didn't work out for you both and so you decided to do what you felt was best for B and he sure looks a happy healhy little boy to me. I was very lucky in that I had a great midwife at the hospital who was really supportive and recommended nipple shields and toping up even though she wasn't allowed to do so as the hospital was so pro breast feeding. If it hadn't had been for her I would have stopped. In fact I was in pain again yesterday and wanted to stop. Its not easy. I was formula fed as was my OH and we are both tall and healthy.

the twins realy upset me too but the little boy made me laugh when he was calling cows milk "daddy's milk". i thought it was a v interesting programme and it made me think, though not about feeding till 7 years :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back