Breast feeding class

teampc

Reaction score
Bloody hell, we went to our breast feeding workshop today, and I basically spent the two hours wanting to scream at half the people there

Talking about completely irrelevant stuff
Moaning about things that have happened .... Unrelated
Asking un related questions
Taking it all off topic
And generally being thick

Honestly I wanted to scream.......one person asked what to do if her bra isn't big enough.....are you f***ing kidding me, buy a bigger one

Oh and is it alright if I pick my baby up and feed them when I'm in hospital......no of course not your not allowed to actually touch your own baby, in fact if you don't behave you can't take it home

Sorry everyone, they just all stressed me out, and due to the stupid time wasting there wasn't time to ask anything, and the poor midwife could hardly remember what she had talked about or where we got to

Your post did make me chuckle!! Yes, when we went to ante natal classes, people seem to ask the most stupid bloody questions and time waste....

Annoys me so much, we are all there to learn and the ones that talk the most rubbish think they know everything!! (They usually get everything wrong too).. I just keep quiet and listen.. does get on ur nerves tho!!

Oh yeah there was one trying to tell the midwife everything she said was wrong etc......well if you already know everything why are you there lol

Just ended up feeling like a waste of time, I really hope the labour workshop is better

Oh no that sounds really frustrating. It reminds me of one of my friends who I'm sure says and asks stupid questions just for a reaction, I know I can have my moments but seriously coming out with things like... I don't want stretch marks so think I'm gonna have one of them test tube babies, u know the ones where they use your egg and boyfriends sperm, grow them in test tubes... I couldn't believe my ears, and she is 2years older than me aswell.

Hope my class isn't like that next week, spoils it for us who actually want to learn and ask serious questions. Xxx

Oh my goodness Heidi I'm not sure I would have been able to not say something lol

It really concerns me about what's becoming of the world lol

Im going to mention it to mw on my next appointment and ask my questions then instead, and also tell her how sorry I feel for them if they have to put up with people like that every day

Yeah she is ridiculous sometimes, but I really don't think she actually believes it I think she just says it to try make people laugh. Whatever the reason it annoys me!

Yeah best ask your questions at your next appointment. I think I'm gonna start writing things down! Xxx

lol. i had some asking stupid questions at mine on thursday aswell. they only bloke there asked if the milk comes out the middle. no of course not it comes out the side of your boob. what the hell do you think the nipple is for.

i asked what i thought were wuite sensible questions ie when expressing what would you recommend to store the milk in when in fridge. (as i thought it couldn't be bottle as then wouldnt be sterile). some of the others looked at me like i was a dingbat. xxx

i had hoped to talk about expressing more, like when you can start doing it, hows best to store, in what etc etc etc
but there was no time for silly subjects like that when people needed to ask how they are supposed to get to the hospital...jesus

ahhhh i think i'm going to be getting annoyed at my classes! they start in just over a week! i've experienced some really silly questions from a girl (she's 18 and 24 weeks pregnant) my OH works with! i have to say most 18 year old's have more sense than she does! two of the best (worst) questions . . . "what's an epidural" she asked this literally 2 weeks ago! and just as bad, during a conversation about feeling baby's movements i said can depend on where your placenta is she said "what's that!" seriously!!!

i think i might make a list of questions during the classes and if i don't get a chance to ask them during i'll go and ask at the end!

OMG some people are just so frustrating. Don't they know workshop ettiquette? Stick to asking questions about the bloody subject. Some people are just so lazy nowadays and won't even attempt to try and find out stuff for themselves. Like c'mon...what's an epidural/placenta? You get given a bounty pack at your booking in appointment which has that stuff in it...bloody read it...and not forgetting the sources of information from elsewhere that you can access!

I have my antenatal classes starting on 8th June and O.M.G! I'll flip me lid if people are being stupid! Grrr...you can tell that I'm having a hormonal day ladies, can't ya?! :lol: x

Hey teampc - was it hospital / midwife run classes you were at or was it the nct ones?

What do you actually do in the breast feeding workshop? I'm gonna sound a bit of a goof here but; do you actually have to get your boob out in public to practice? cuz I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, I'm embarrassed about things like that and when LO is here I will prob go somewhere private when I'm out to breast feed, what actually happens in the workshop? Or should I say what's suppose to happen? LOL! x

it was the hospital one with the midwife

however the number one most annoying person there kept saying she had been to some nct ones lol

no theres no 'practical' bit lol

they just basically go through why its good, the basics of how to do it (but she said they would do that with you properly once baby actually comes) and then they talk through what will happen when baby comes and in the following days, so how much they will feed etc

to be honest with you, I probably wouldnt say you need to go to the class, just ask for the nhs dvd to watch instead....its much more informative

Okay. Thanks for your reply :) Don't wanna sit there with a bunch of idiots, plus I'm from west bromwich so there is quite a few 'annoying time wasters' around here lol. Without me sounding judgmental.... lol

Last edited:
well personally i feel like the dvd told me a hell of a lot more, and you can sit and watch it at home without any annoying people there to make you go crazy lol
then you can always ask your midwife any questions that you have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back