Breast feeding and under-wired bras

Kandle

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

A little bit of advice, please. This is my first pregnancy and I am hoping to breast feed my baby when the time comes. A friends recently said that I should stop wearing bras with under-wiring as this inhibits milk production.:shock:

Help!!!! I can't imagine wearing a bra without an under-wire, I don't think I ever have! Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.x

I was told it's fine to wear a bra with an underwire, but 4 weeks before your due to go into nursing bras as it would be easier!
XxX

I'm still wearin my underwires but will stop
as it gets closer to d day and underwires r a no no wen breast feeding as can cause blocked ducts xx

I lost the underwires a few months ago for this reason, but I did find in sainsburys some t-shirt bras, which is what I like to wear , and they are non underwired, but really do as good a job to be honest!

I wore underwired bras as long as they were comfortable and didn't dig in when I was pregnant with both of mine - just make sure you've got the correct size. I breastfed Sam for a year and Toby for just over a year so far so it doesn't seem to have had any effect on my milk :)

Once you start breastfeeding and have to wear nursing bras you won't have underwires anyway though - I put an underwired bra on for the first time in a year a couple of weeks ago and had proper boobs again :lol:

Once you start breastfeeding and have to wear nursing bras you won't have underwires anyway though - I put an underwired bra on for the first time in a year a couple of weeks ago and had proper boobs again :lol:

I'm wearing underwired whilst Breastfeeding I was the silly
Moo who forgot to get nursing bras lol

I'm wearing underwired whilst Breastfeeding I was the silly
Moo who forgot to get nursing bras lol

:lol: The only reason I'm not wearing something at least slightly more flattering is because I can't get them out easily enough if I wear normal bras, so I'm stuck with the nursing ones! x

Last edited:
I admit they can be a pain luckily I found some nice ones you can take the straps out of so I clip them down :)

I think the most important things is getting your bra fitted regularly by a good company, making sure it fits right and that they know you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Good thread....I was also told that under wired bras aren't greatfoe
Breast feeding, but I justthink what's load of crap (lol I think that about a lot of these sort of things!) I have maternity bras that are under wired so surely they wouldn't invent them I they were bad, I also have 2 nursing bras but they are only gonna be good once baby is here as they are so flimsy and I truly do have huge boobs that could probably be able to feed the whole British army lol so I am sticking with under wired until baby is born! X

Good thread....I was also told that under wired bras aren't greatfoe
Breast feeding, but I justthink what's load of crap (lol I think that about a lot of these sort of things!) I have maternity bras that are under wired so surely they wouldn't invent them I they were bad, I also have 2 nursing bras but they are only gonna be good once baby is here as they are so flimsy and I truly do have huge boobs that could probably be able to feed the whole British army lol so I am sticking with under wired until baby is born! X

:rotfl::rotfl: I'm sure the British Army would be well up for that proposal Flexi!:wink:

I have actually seen T-shirt bras with the drop down feeding fronts in M&S and Mothercare too, , they look a bit like airship bags but might prevent the breast pad showing through the t-shirt , I'm sure they did this last time

Last edited:
I was told off a few people that are "qualified" breast feeding advisors, that its all to do with hormones as to how much milk is produced, it doesnt matter how big or small boobs are, how little or often you feed and what bra you wear, I had a good detailed talk to this advisor as I need to know how to express incase the baby is early and I need to express and feed through a tube xx

I had never heard about not wearing underwire bras, i have worn them through all my pregnancies and whilst breastfeeding my boobs are not huge 34B but never had a problem with getting my boobs out, for some reason i just didn't feel comfortable in maternity bras just not supporting enough for me but maybe i didn't get the right ones. I definately didn't have a milk production problem it used to fly across the room lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back