Wired Vs Unwired bras for sore boobs

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi All, I have read that we should not be wearing wired bras as it affects milk production later..is this true.:roll:.I have tried wearing un wired bras but they are not comfortable..I have been having sore boobs since morning and after wearing wired bras it seems my boobs get support and feel better...need advice plz...

I just wear a sports bra does that not work for you?

I prefer underwired and whilst they are still comfertable I plan on wearing them, I have bought a couple of non-wired ones in one size bigger ready, but so far havent used them. I just get really sore nipples when I take my bra off, I think they like being supported in my bra.

Not sure how much effect it will have on milk production later on, but at this stage you need to be comfertable.

I had massive boobs before I got pregnant and now they are a H cup (I didn't even know they went that big). So I'm wearing bras with wires in at the moment but I have to admit they are starting to get a little uncomfortable but I think without the wire may be even more uncomfortable as they'll sag that far that I'll be kicking them along! I don't really know what's best. I might try the sport bra thing if they do them in absolutely massive hooter size!

I was hanging on in the t-shirt bras with underwire even tho they hurt as they are perfect for me, I am smaller chested than some having now gone up to a massooosive 36 C (big for me) - But have nippes that you could hang coats off, that point at people all day, so finally found a t-shirt bra that was non underwired , but seemed to be sturdy made where the underwired bit was meant to be,(I have had 3 kids you see !) with the t-shirt bra padding/lining, so perfect as will hide my nipples! :whistle:

Maybee this would stop your nipples hurting as thicker too? £5 from sainsburys non underwired t-shirt bra - maybee worth a whirl at a fiver?

I'm def going to get another one

Last edited:
Thanks girls..I had not explored T shirt bras since I got pregnant so I will go and buy them...hoping it will help my sore boobs...

I have found that a sports bra was great for me, I had mega sore boobs at the beginning and they went up to a 36DD was shocked at the size difference was only in 36 B to begin with now the DD is beginning to not fit on one side :( since I have one bigger than other so I have found the non underwired ones better since one side isn't poking off the other. I think its just perference but i did read that is does affect them i have no idea why wearing them would stop them as you wear wired ones when you first start out etc they still grow :s

I have some pregnancy bras but I still use underwire bras as well. but if im honest, by the end of the day I have to whip them off cuz I find it so much more comfortable without a bra on at all, esp at the moment when they seem to be growing by the day.

I am still wearing my underwire bra's, and have been told as long as you get them checked out regular to make sure they fit properly then it shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry if this advice is wrong,

I do wear sports bra's whilst working out, but can't wait to get it back off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back