Breast v Bottle

ohehir1

Reaction score
Advice needed please guys, I was exculsively breast feeding my son until he was 3 wks old then I introduced a bottle of fomula just once a day (I wanted to do combination feeding and was told to introduce a bottle between 3-4 wks) my son is now nearly 10 wks and i've found for one reason and another that I am now mostly bottle feeding him, He has 4 bottles during the day and just a breast feed at night, he has his last bottle at 9pm and goes down sleeps through to 4.30/5am which is brillaint I know but as he's only actually waking once during the night I am now just breast feeding once every 24 hrs.What I need to know is, Is just 1 breast feed a day enough to keep my milk supply up? I don't get that fullness feeling any more but when he feeds he does appear to be swallowing so he's obviosuly getting some milk, i'd like to continue with 1 breastfeed a day until he's about 6 mths but not sure whether this will work. Do I need to be feeding him more often to keep my milk supply available?

I think as long as u keep doing the one feed without skipping them ur milk supply should keep going. I did only one feed a day for the last month of feeding DS 1 and had no problems - good luck with the feeding hon x x x

Everyone is different but your supply could start to dwindle with just one feed a day. Can you express during the day too (first thing in the morning?) and then use that milk in place of one of the bottle feeds? That way you build up your supply and protect the evening breastfeed.

My sister went down to one feed a day and within a month her supply had gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back