Braxton Hicks

Juice

Reaction score
I don't remember having any braxton hicks in my first pregnancy, but this time I've had loads. And they are WEIRD! They kind of take my breath away, but not in a painful sort of way, it's just as if my lungs are being squished a bit or something. It's so odd!

What are/were yours like and how often do/did you get them?

I've noticed I get them quite often in the evening when sitting relaxing- very strange feeling! X

Same here I never really noticed first time around but particularly bad this week for me in the evenings normally when she is active.

I don't know if I get them. I feel alot of 'tightenings' but I don't know if that's the baby pushing her way round lol x

Yeah all mine are in the evening too!
Do any of yours hurt?
Twinkle, when you think it's happening, have a poke around your belly and if it's hard everywhere then it's contracting! ;)

I got braxton hicks with Jackson, I kept thinking I was going into labour.

They didnt hurt. My bump just went all hard and tight, every other day theyd happen.

Wee practice runs.

xxx

mine are pretty similar to yours Juice, feel a bit breathless but not painful. not sure how long it's been going on as i think i mistook them for movements for quite a while. last couple of weeks it's been daily, frequency changes though, sometimes it's every few minutes other times it's maybe one an hour/every few hours. tends to happen more when i'm walking around

Yeah I think I also thought they were just strong movements at first. They're just so weird! Wouldn't it be nice if labour was this painless! :lol:

I've been getting lots recently mainly when I've been doing too much

YES! I cant breathe when I have them . I have to move to try and ease them off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back