braxton hicks?

beckyh

Reaction score
hey girls,

im only 27+ weeks but iv been hearing alot about people that experience braxton hicks. how do you know they are braxton hicks and what do they feel like?

they are like mild contractions (practice ones) and they make your bump go hard all over. They are more spaced apart than real contractions and dont last all that long. they aren't normally painfu but sometimes then can be.

If you get more than 4 in an hour or they are particularly painful it's worth timing them and giving your midwife a call just to make sure everything is okie and your not going into premature labour.

HTH xx

thank you for your reply, its my first baby and i have no idea what to expect, my mw isn't exactly great and helpfull i find most things out on the internet and on here.

Hiya

My daughter who is also expecting her first baby (we are both pregnant) is 21 weeks now and asked me what it is when her tummy goes hard. Its really the only description to explain them. When you get further on into your pregnancy you can feel it more and by the 40 weeks sometimes you are not always sure whether they are braxton hicks or the real thing, hence many people end up in hospital for a false alarm. !!

Ragna xxx

Turned out I was having Braxton hicks without realising thats what they were. to discribe it, I find that my bumb goes almost square shaped and hard like all my shotmack has suddenly tensed, and the is somtimes coupled with a slight feeling of pressure down below. I do get them VERY frequently, normally 10mins apart on average all day, everyday, but then again I am taking raspberry leaf tablets to help condition my uterus, hopefully all these practice ones will mean the real ones will be more efficient and productive, we shall see!

wow Cat you must be next!!! 1 day left woohoo!! good luck hun x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back