Braxton Hicks....????

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hey girlies, I wondered if anyone could explain the feeling/sensation/symptoms of braxton hicks to me?

I know they are like dummy contractions etc but would be nice to know what I am to experience etc.

Also, when can I expect them?

Many thanks :) xx

I think I've been getting them, tightening around the top of my bump that spans downwards. Sometimes a bit painful. They started a couple of weeks ago when I was 29 weeks ish.

Maybe someone who has had a baby might shed some light as I'm not convinced they are BH

Emma

this is what I am worried about as I have been experiencing tightening all over... it's really hard to explain but can feel like you are extremely bloated and feel like you are going to burst? It cannot be down to me eating too much to cause the bloatedness on the days that it has happened are the days when I tend not to eat that much....

Hopefully, someone will be able to help us! ;-) xx

Last edited:
I've had the bloating too, felt like I was going to explode!! I was at a wedding and I thought it was that my LO didn't like buffet food!! Lol

Had a remgel and a walk about but it was so painful, my mum was convinced it was early labour I was moaning that much.

Emma xx

I didn't get them at all with my first x this time I've had them from around 27 weeks x mine make my whole bump go really really tight so it's solid to touch, they don't hurt but can feel uncomfortable and you can see my bump get hard when they happen x

i didnt have any with my first and tbh dont think i have this time round either thought i may have had a couple a few weeks ago but it was baby sitting awquardly so assuming im just not going to get them again

I am a little worried as i think i have been experience them for a couple of weeks now, at least a few times at day and this is my first baby.

My bump just really tightens up for a couple minutes and then eases of, OH even managed to feel it the other night, so it isn't my imagination either. Also pulling type feeling.

I did do a little googling and it doesn't seem completely out the norm.

We seem to be experience a lot of the same times, low blood pressure and dizziness too, wonder if they are linked.

I have a doctors appointment on Friday so will have a chat with him about it and will report back.

Sound like them , you can feel for 30secs -1 min ish the tummy go rock hard and you can see it like Helen says, should never hurt or have a regular pattern like normal contractions, getting closer apart etc, just random and can be quite often

I had them from 20 weeks with my last, and nto with the other pregnancys so could be happening now for you

wow - thanks JJ - this is turning out to be a bank holiday to remember lol ;-) xx

I have tightenings all the time since about 26 weeks which I think are Braxton Hicks :lol: When I was in hospital a week ago, they had me hooked up to the heart rate monitor thingy and it kept saying I was having contractions every ten minutes and everytime a new midwife started her shift, they kept asking if I was in pain etc haha

But if they are Braxton Hicks, my bumps just goes really hard and tight and it gets a little uncomfortable sometimes. Then there are times I don't even notice but OH will have his hand on bump and will tell me that it has just gone really hard :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back