Braxton Hicks question for you all

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Those of you that are getting Braxtons hicks or had them before,

Do you get them anytime, when your resting, or when you move ?

They say online that to get rid of them, try to move around, but I mostly seem to get them when I move, like at work, when I get up to go to the printer, the loo, the cuppa area, every time I get off the sofa, stairs etc. Been happening for the last 2 weeks now, but has increased big time and I'm getting lots and lots.

They don't hurt, but sometimes they just get stuck lke that, like today I got up to go home, walked through a large building , into car park, drove home, came in , went to the loo, and that all took at least 10 mins, and I was stuck in a brackton hicks the whole time!!

Is that normal? I have midwifes in 2 weeks, and can ask her then too, but would love to see how your getting yours to help?

i get them mainly on the move n sometimes they take ages to go away xx

I get them any time really but mainly when I'm moving too
all I can do is drink water which helps a tiny bit
besides that I just wait it out X

Jj mum I got them everytime I moved and mv told me to drink more, although I don't think it help cos they cotinued I did as I was told :hugs:

Thanks girls, have been trying to drink lots of water , as thats what I read online too.

They are soo frequent , I actually want to pack my bag! Was going to leave it till def past 30 weeks at least! but it just got me a bit flappy I guess , even tho they mean nothing it happening early due to them!

Well it can't hurt to make a start on the bag tomorow, if it makes me feel better in myself! (it's a control thing! the thought of OH doing my bag sends shivers down my back!)

Last edited:
oooh thats what that is, i thought i was going nuts.
my bump keeps tensing up and i end up with my bump going hard n really odd shaped (does that odd shape mean thats where the baby is??)
its fun tho. i get mine for about a min or so. starts from the bottom n gets harder up my tum.

does that mean everything is ok or do i have to go to the hospital cos there is something wrong?

and does that mean im going to go into labour or something (thought u only got it from 38weeks +) cos i dont want to drop this baby until end of jan at the earliest :/

Hi jj i get them when im at work only when im walking around x

I get them walking around, sat down, stood up, lay down etc. The advice I've read is if you're moving then sitting down should get rid and vice versa. I know what you mean about the regularity though! I was in the bath yesterday for an hour and I had bh so regularly! Lol!

You can get them any time, but I found that exerting myself made them more intense and frequent to be honest.

I get these all the time and can't stand them not sure if it's cause there are 2 in there but they really are terribly uncomfortable, I don't remember getting them this bad the last time :shakehead:

Thanks lots for your replys girls - that makes me feel better

Lealea, - no they don't mean you will go into labour early, I just got in a flap about them!
I got none my first two pregnancys , and then the last one from 20 weeks, and had her at 38 weeks.
This time didn't get them till 22 weeks.

They just make me need the Wee - like imediately!! Or I get to the loo thinking I need to go urgently and then realise I have a braxton hicks instead!

Helen , I should think your having lots of them hun, you have only a few days to go hopefully - good luck to you X

i get them pretty much every day. not a regular pattern.....and its uncomfy :/

how do u get rid of it?

I get them at anytime but if im honest the worst time I feel and get them is after some sex with the OH!!! think thats her way of telling us to give it a by lol

But I feel that if I rub the bump then it eases them a bit quicker that just leaving them to go themselves but yeah they can hurt i think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back