Braxton Hicks have started !

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well pointless thread really - but that's me back on the braxtons Hicks this time round.... getting them every day now off and on, like I did with my daughter.

I actually quite like them as I don't get to do real labour:dance:

I wonder why we get them with some pregnancys and not others, I didn't get them with my first or second, but just my third and now this pregnancy?

Answers on a postcard please.......

Not to sound ignorant but what are they, are they contractions? x

yes practice contractions, when you bump tightens up hard for 30 secs and then relaxes again.
It doesn't mean your baby will come early or anything like that, just that your uterus is getting ready.

They will have no pattern like proper contractions and will stay the same intensity , not get harder and more painful as the real contractions, so you shouldn't confuse them in the later stages

Last edited:
hey jj, think i may have had them... A couple of nights ago woke up with what felt like cramps all over my bump that came in waves... Is that what they feel like?

could be mikid, but must admit mine don't come in waves, just goes all tight and stays thre stuck for 30 secs and then relaxes again. when you put your hand on front of tum, you will feel how hard your tum wall has gone , strange!

wish I could like braxton hicks - mine comes hand in hand with heartburn! X

I don't think I had them with my 1st. Definately with my 2nd but i've only had them a handfull of times This time around, round the 17-25 weekish mark. Haven't had any since. Weird!

Last edited:
I think thats what im having the more I think about it, I went to dcrs cause I was having these feelings but he said it was just stretching but it just sounds like you describe although its usually when im at work on feet all day, which makes me rule it out but is identical to how you describe xx

My braxton hicks have really taken hold this time. Had them all day today, had to lie down at one stage.

My braxton hicks have really taken hold this time. Had them all day today, had to lie down at one stage.

I know what you mean Lelly, I was clearing the utility yeaterday and so standng and bending all day, and I sat down in the end as my bump got stuck tight at one point and didn't relax still I had sat down for a few mins!:shock:

Bidsy, well now you know what those feelings are you won't be so worried.:lol:

Last edited:
I have been getting these for a good 6 weeks now most days some times a few times a day. Very strange feeling to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back