Boy's name too common?

NicciLove

Reaction score
I love the boy's name Finley (mainley cause i like Finn for short) however everyone keeps saying its a really common even though i've not heard it that much.

I would prefer him to have a trendy unusual name but then i love the sound of Finn? Maybe he could just have Finn . . .

How popular is this name?

I don't know anyone who's called their baba that I think it's a lovely name and it is unusual :) xx

I only know one Finlay, and he was born about 2 weeks ago, but i think it's a lovely name too! It was on my list but not anymore as the parents are my OH's mates. You go with what you like hun!! :)

I know 3. I dont think its common but it does seem to be more popular these days :)

Thats 4 so far . . not doing too bad! hehe

I only know two finleys, and one was a little boy at the nursery I worked at and another was from uni. I don't know any new borns called it though. I don't think its a common name :)

It is a good name though :D x

I really like it BTW! What about Finnian? That's not common at all and can be shortened to Finn/Fin :)

Oooohh not heard of Finnian before . . . will have to suggest that to OH tonight :) Thanks Mervs Mum :)

I know 4 Finley/Fynley's and 2 Finns. I think it's gorgeous as a name x x

finleys beautiful! theres always someone giving their opinion. u should keep it a secret so as no one can comment! oh and its not common at all xxx

I went to school with a Finnian and I remember going to watch a friend in a production of 'Finian's Rainbow'.

I have a cousin Finlay, who is 6, Ive not reali heard it anywhere else. I work in a primary school and theres no one there called it xxx

I know 2 finley's one is 7 the other is about 5 xx

I know a few finn's/fionn's but im from ireland & its prob more common over here. I wouldnt be swayed by other ppls opinions tho, someone always has a prob with something! just stick to what ur happy calling ur LO

I know 1 Finley, but she's a girl! I love the name Finn for a boy!

I know one Finn (Finley) I think it is quite populra,m but that's because it's soo lovely

How about Finton (we have an adult friend with that name, and he doesn't shortenr it as slightly shorter anyway, but you could)

You name your baby whatever name is right for you, popularity is always changing X

I love that name- i know 1 Finley. if you love it who cares? :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back