Boy or Girl

Redshoes

Reaction score
I just wondered how many of you ladies want a boy or girl?
I know with Isaac my OH wanted a girl and I a boy, and I felt fine in that, but we thought I was having a girl and so at 22wks to know it was a boy it was a bit of a weird surprise :lol:
This time round it's like I feel I'm not allowed to wish/want boy or girl, when I do I find myself feeling bad for doing it, because at the end of the day I should just be thinking a healthy baby whenever we're blessed again.
Anyone else dare to say they want a boy or they want a girl? :oops:

i would be happy with any :) mind you i have 2 girls a boy would be nice but due to my past history i would be more than delighted with either

we would like a girl because OH has DS but i just want a healthy baby!

Last edited:
We'd like a girl so I'm not the only female in the house LOL

Id like a boy. Only because i dont really care but DH would prefer a boy, we arnt botherd really though. Although when ever i think of us having a baby i find it hard to picture us with a girl for some reason. All the baby things iv bought so far are either unisex or blue. :)

I'd like a boy because I have a girl, but as everyone says as long as the baby is healthy. I do love girls clothes though, and Rebekah really wants a sister, shes at the age were she doesn't like boys!

I would really love a little girl when we have our next one, I love my baby boy but I can see him and his dad doing "boy" things when they get older and me being left out!!! I am also really close to my mum so would love to have the chance to have that monther daughter bond. Saying that i am sure as long as the beby was healthy i would be delighted either way.

swan1 said:
I would really love a little girl when we have our next one, I love my baby boy but I can see him and his dad doing "boy" things when they get older and me being left out!!! I am also really close to my mum so would love to have the chance to have that monther daughter bond. Saying that i am sure as long as the beby was healthy i would be delighted either way.

I know my husband really wants a boy for all the reasons you would like a girl. He wants the whole football bonding/first pint! My husband is an only child and we are soooo close to his mum, she always says i'm like the daughter she never had! She says its better though because she didn't have to put up with me when I was a teenager. Girls are worse teenagers than boys, I have 4 sisters and a brother (hes the youngest) and my mum always says he's never caused her a minutes trouble! My dd is only 3 and is already acting like a teenager!!

would like a girl next time - but not all that bothered :D

ok I am :oops:

but a boy would be fine - I'd just dress him in pink when no one is looking :rotfl:

Really not bothered, it's a miracle to have a healthy baby and I'd be soooosss grateful to be able to have another.

I hope everybody gets what they would like! :D

Hi Everyone,

If I am completely honest, I wanted a little girl the first time around, and then the second I felt the same (Of course, if I'd had a little boy either time, I'm positive my feelings would have changed). This time around I honestly don't mind - half of me would like another girl because that's what I am familiar with, and I wouldn't have to buy much stuff (ha ha) but the other half would like a boy for a change, especially as this baby will probably complete our family. :?

i really wanted a boy, i actually feel really guilty for that now!! next time around i will be truly happy just to have a healthy baby. i think its natural to have a preference, ttc and having a baby takes a lot of time and u think about it alot so i think its natural to develop opinions on how u want things to be x

Most definitely - healthy would be the best thing ever; I think especially when you've been through a loss, you really realise that this is the most important thing. :pray:

All the best to everyone :) :hug:

Its natural to want one of each, its a different experience as well.

I would love a boy next time round but wouldnt be disappointed with a sister for Maddison :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back