Am I being stupid???

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I think I may have to not bd this month. I've been doing lots of research into how to conceive a baby girl (I have 4 boys, this is our last chance) and I've found a chart that says your age along the top and the month you conceive along the side. Like a Chinese prediction chart it shows if you will have a girl or boy. For my age, if I conceive this month, it says boy, so does the chinese one. I've heard they can be quite accurate. What do you think? Would you wait. April says girl btw xxx

No, definitely not!! I'm sorry I dont think it will make any difference. I think the main difference is in the science. The FACTS:

In general Boy sperm are faster, if you are ovulating they will get there first and penetrate the egg, but they die earlier and if the egg isnt there straight away they dont make it.

Girl sperm are slower but live longer and have more stamina, so if you have sex a few days before you ovulate, then by the time the egg drops you will only have girl sperm waiting to meet it.

Its a timing game! My friend desperately wanted a boy after 3 girls so she didnt BD til the last second and got a boy! Not that its guaranteed but I think its far more likely to work for you than adding your age to the month!

FX for you though xxxx

Thanks hunnie, I just want to do as much as I can to swing the odds, I know it will be hard :( xx

OOoooohhhhh i don't know :oooo:

I personally don't believe in chinese charts and i'm not even too sure that i believe in the sperm race either (boys = faster) and all of that because even if it was true, there are so many unknown factors like the ratio of male/female sperm that a man produces and how each of them react to whatever pH the women might be and how good each is at navigating etc etc.

I think it is just as accurate to assume a random 50:50 chance.

Flip a coin. Heads = boy and tails = girl :)

That said, it is you that will have to live with the outcome.

If you want a girl so badly that you would feel terrible if you disregarded these methods of tipping the odds in your favour and then you got a boy, then i think you should miss a cycle.

It's your last child ever (i think?), so i can understanding you feeling a great responsibility to do anything in your power to get a girl, and even if you might feel a bit silly you should do it ;)

Last edited:
Hmm, In that case, maybe a few more old wives tales should be wheeled out?

Here's one I found on ivillage:
Sexual position

Position of intercourse and depth of penetration are also important, partly because of pH. The closer to the entrance of the vagina, the more acidic the woman's tract is. Deep penetration places the sperm closer to the egg and gives the faster male sperm a head start. Shettles recommends the missionary position for girls and deeper penetration positions such as rear entry (doggy-style) for boys.

Thanks girls, I think I'll wait til April. I'm not in any rush, and yes this is my last baby. I've read all about shallow position, and shettles method. I wish I had the money to go abroad for gender selection :( xxx

I really hope you end up getting your girl then Cosmic, it must be really very important to you :hug:

Have a nice relaxing cycle ;)

Thankyou, I like the idea of a relaaxing cycle :). She is sooo important, my dream since I was a little girl xxx

I was just doing some reading :)

You have piqued my interest, i like it when people have specific aims :D

Kind of based on what i mentioned before about not believing in the sperm race thing because of the unknown factors, well you can manipulate some of those too.

Apparently, an acidic vagina helps the girl sperms.

EWCM is for boys, so what you want is quite a dry and creamy cm which is supposed to be more acidic.

You want a pH of 4-4.5 (yes, you need some litmus paper lol), ewcm is about pH6 and sperm is about pH7+.

An acidic vagina can increase chances of thrush too though, so make sure you're not eating too much sugar and carbs which will encourage thrush even more.

Did the chinese charts work for your boys btw?

Last edited:
Ooooh interesting. I wonder then if you could manipulate vaginal acidity? *reaches for lemons* :)

I have some litmus paper at work, I'll pop some into my bag tomorrow x

Yes, the chart was correct for all of the boys x

I know how u feel about the girl! I've been doing the timing and position thingy too! Fx for both our girls!

Hey Cosmicgirl

Good luck with your girl plans! :)

I personally wouldn't believe what a chart said about age/month... it's all down to you & your husband's bodies!

Having said that, I think there are possibly ways of influencing things to get a girl, that's what I'm trying to do anyway :)

xx

I tried the timing and positioning last time and had twin boys!! The chart did predict a boy and it was right, hence my predicament xxx

Allegedly the acidity of your body can fend off male/female too hun :-/

Hi Cosmic
I have 3 boys 14, 13 and 9 from a previous marriage and my OH has a girl 14, and a boy 13, we having been TTC for about 4 months for a girl but no luck as yet. I to have been reading on the internet how to conceive a girl.

hmm i cant really see how a chart can predict a boy or a girl.. its all about the swimmers ;) xx

I don't understand how a chart can predict it either but it was right for all mine, my sister, my mum and three people at work xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back