• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottles help

claire2711

Reaction score
Riley's on SMA white, 7oz bottles. This is what we do now-

Put 7oz of slightly cooled boiled water into bottle, add the scoops of powder and then they go in the fridge. It's so annoying though! We warm up his bottles at home, but when out there's nowhere really to warm then, so sometimes they are quite cold :?

Are there better ways of keeping the bottles, how long can I keep the made-up bottles on the unit at room temp?

soz for the Qs! :shock:

Claire xxx

How about making up the bottles but putting 5oz in them and leaving them on the worktop.

Then when you need them top up with 2oz of boiling water and add the powder. That way the bottle will be wamr but check first

Thats what I do and works a treat. No mucking about cooling them or heating them as I find its perfect.

Hey Bee thanks,

I thought about this.....it says on the tub the water has to be 70degrees (i think) for the powder to mix properly, do you find it mixes OK?xx

claire2711 said:
Hey Bee thanks,

I thought about this.....it says on the tub the water has to be 70degrees (i think) for the powder to mix properly, do you find it mixes OK?xx

Try it and see :D I don't listen to the tub info :lol:

I use HIPP organic and it mixes fine - the water is warm, not stone cold and it seems to mix ok :D Aptimal mixed ok too this way

daftscotslass said:
All types of SMA can be made and served at room temperature :)

Ooh so I could just put in boiled water (cooled to room temp) and then the scoops? YAY!!!

Thanks dsc and bee it's such a pain in the bum having to warm them all the time! And best of all, he loves it at room temp so this will work great! :cheer:

We just keep bottles of cooled boiled water on the cupboard and add the powder when needed. Tommee Tippee do pots which fit in their bottles which you keep the powder in so all of our bottles have these in and are ready to go!

I also put half cool boiled water ready and then when it's feeding time I just add boiled hot water and the powder, I use Aptamil and it mixes perfectly well! I used to cool and heat the bottles and what not but that is definitely the easiest way to get things done ;-)

Suzie and Faith said:
We just keep bottles of cooled boiled water on the cupboard and add the powder when needed. Tommee Tippee do pots which fit in their bottles which you keep the powder in so all of our bottles have these in and are ready to go!

Me2, so much easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back