Bottle feeding

Lyndsey said:
Phew! Thanx for all the information!!! So it sounds like its better to get the boiled water into the bottles and into the fridge and then add powder and extra water when needed.............. :think:

Now I just have to get my head around expressing and storing breast milk!!!!!!! :shock: :doh: and what teat bottle to use so that baby doesn't get confused!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lyndsey :D

i spent 30 qwid on tomee tippee health check and i threw them away, the milk shot up the tube and leaked everywhere when warmed, then i found out ur supposed to take off the lid to heat them...weird...plus its impossable to put the 7 parts of the bottle together with the steriliser clip, u have to put them together with your hands, even though clean still defeats the object of sterilising.

I then bought the tomee tipee closer to nature bottles but they diddnt fit my steriliser coz they are too wide :(

Then I went to asda and bought some george bottles for £1 each and they don't look cheap and nasty they actually look nice and they fit my avent steriliser fine. But i use the tomee tipee health check teats with them coz they are good teats.

i rate the mam teats from the ultiflow bottles they are great and so easy for baby cause they are flat headed ather than rounded so easier to push up against the roof of the mouth. i use them in the mam bottles obviously but also in avent bottles :)

storing breastmilk also came up: can be frozen for up to 3 months, left in fridge for up to 24 hours or 3-4 days (the info is conflicting in lots of places so decide for yourself :) ) , up to 4 hours at room temp, if you want to express a little at a time top upo the bottle each time then freeze it needs to be done within 24 hours.and last but not least milk moved from freezer to fridge 24 hours.

and yes dionne is right microwaving isnt because of bacteria but because it chances uneven heating because in a microwave it will heat from top to bottom working its way round the fluid wheras in the boiling water it heats it all at the same time evenly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back