Bottle Feeding Support Thread

Suzie and Faith said:
In that case I'd make up 24 hours worth, mixing with the water which has been boiled and left for about 20 mins and keep the made-up bottles in the fridge - or in a cool bag when out.

Is there any reason why she was put on the comfort milk?

xxxx
the HV wanted to see if it would help her poos and colic and she is quite snuffly

sam96031 said:
Suzie and Faith said:
In that case I'd make up 24 hours worth, mixing with the water which has been boiled and left for about 20 mins and keep the made-up bottles in the fridge - or in a cool bag when out.

Is there any reason why she was put on the comfort milk?

xxxx
the HV wanted to see if it would help her poos and colic and she is quite snuffly

I hope you don't mind I looked back through your posts and can see you had a c sect.. Sect babies are naturally quite snuffly, because they are not pushed out through the birth canal they retain some fluid. (Hay was a sect bubba). :D

I completly agree with Suzie and this is how we make up our bottles, so much easier and we have 6 so we don;t have to wory throughout the day!

As well as winding, massage can get rid of alot of wind especially massaging the back.

Ignore the back of the boxing, if baby is draining the bottle then increase the amount by an oz.

Someone on here told me with the tomee tipee bottles to make sure the funny colic hole is above their nose.

Hi
I dont you dont mind me just jumping in

I have Imogen who will be 3wks on sunday she was born 6lb 9 and is doing well
We are bottle feeding Sma she was on 4oz bottles which she was having 5 a day but she was wanting to feed like every 90mins so I changed her to the hungrier sma white but now her poo has gone harder so we now decided to go back to sma gold and hope the poo softens again....thing is she doesnt seem satified even thou she seems ok after most of her 4oz bottles she is rooting again after 90mins but then she goes through night from midnight till about 6 or even 7am

ok so after all my ramblings lol i am hesitant to put her up to 5oz this just seems a huge amount for her to be having at not even 3wks old although i know it is a rough guide according to the sma guide she shouldnt be on that amount till she is like 2mmths
What do you think?
Thanks for reading xx Im sure Ill be in here more and more lol x

Stuff what it says on the tin! :lol: If she drains it just prepare 5oz and at worst you'll end up with some left over. You might find that it's a growth spurt and the amount she takes will change day to day. :hug:

just looking for some opinions on type of formula everyone uses.......

we're using SMA Gold and I'm wondering if my LO is a little constipated.... he seems to do a lot of straining etc but with no result or a very small poo at times! (However the other day it was a big squashy poo - more like what I would expect! but this is the only one like this since being home!) We are giving about 0.5-1oz of water a day...but no real change! Would it be worth changing formula? Or should I give it a little longer since he's only just over 2 weeks old?

so confused at times about feeding stuff!!

Molly is on SMA and she had some really solid poos for the first few weeks. She actually tore her anus! Then, all of a sudden, her poos turned into big squishy splats.

I've read that SMA can make babies a bit constipated. I was just told if she wasn't in pain to leave her with it.

xmcnickyx said:
Molly is on SMA and she had some really solid poos for the first few weeks. She actually tore her anus! Then, all of a sudden, her poos turned into big squishy splats.

I've read that SMA can make babies a bit constipated. I was just told if she wasn't in pain to leave her with it.

Same. Becky was never constipated but it took a good week or two for her poos to settle down into a regular pattern (before she was weaned it was once a day, 10am, like clockwork :lol: ). If you do feel you want to change bear in mind it can take a week or two to settle onto a new formula so you might end up with the same thing again. Not all types of formula suit all babies :hug:

daftscotslass said:
Same. Becky was never constipated but it took a good week or two for her poos to settle down into a regular pattern (before she was weaned it was once a day, 10am, like clockwork :lol: ).

lol, Molly was the same! Always poo'd at her 11am feed each day and no more! :D Now with the Gaviscon we get an ollie at each feed.

we did have a squishy poo yesterday evening.....so its maybe settling down......
I'll give it a bit more time I think :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back