Booking in appt with midwife ..... Early positive ...

Lotty14

Reaction score
Hello, I am 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant today ...yay!! I've known I am pregnant since week 3 (haha) I got a positive 9 whole days before period was due...... Has anyone else got a positive so early?
Anyway today decided to chase up booking appt to see if it has been booked..... It has ...but not until 26th Sep..... I'll be almost 12 weeks by then... When did you have your booking appt?
I'm worried I'm a bit further gone (because the early positive) ... And my scan won't be until past 13 weeks....
I have booked a private scan for this Saturday .... So hopefully I'll get dates then.
Anyone else been through similar .. And if so was NHS scan not too long after?

Is the booking appointment at the hospital you've chosen for the birth? or is the appointment at your doctors with local midwife?

Hi Dixie it's a local midwife with gp.
At least I've booked private scan and will get dates from that and hopefully reassurance. Just all seems a bit late with NHS.

That does seem pretty late, the appointment for me at doctors with the local midwife was about 8 weeks in, then got the nhs letter for the hospital named "booking in appointment" that said would last nearly 4 hours, that appointment was bang on 12 weeks and included the ultrasound scan.
Theres certain tests that need doing by 14 weeks and blood tests etc...hmm
May be worth a phonecall to see if you can be seen by that midwife earlier so you can ensure the scan is deffo between 11-14 weeks.

(we also had private scan about 8w6d, due to fact the midwife appt at gp didnt actually test me to see if i was still pregnant!) well worth it to go and get the reassurance baby is alive and well :)

Yes might wait and see how scan goes Saturday.
How was your scan at 8 wk 6? Seems not getting seen at all by anyone until 12 weeks Craxy that should be when scan is.

Private scan was great, yours might be different but mine was lovely to hear the heartbeat thump around the small room we were in. I was given 4 different printed pictures and a USB featuring the lot on there plus a video of the whole thing.
As I said, I'd call doctors and see if you can arrange to see midwife sooner x

I got my positive 7 days before period due.
Due tomorrow and has stayed same date throughout.
Xx

Oh Dixie that sounds amazing hehe can't wait for Saturday but nervous too. Yes I will after Saturday see what's going on. Xx

I got my positive 7 days before period due.
Due tomorrow and has stayed same date throughout.
Xx

Awww how exciting good luck I hope baby makes an appearance for you soon xx.
Do you know the gender of your baby?
Any signs or movement yet? Is this your first?
That's good to know I was worried thinking "how did I get a positive so early... Maybe last period wasn't a proper period"...
With my son my dates got put forward at dating scan ... Always measured a bit in front and had him a week early, I think maybe I ovulate a bit sooner.
Xxx

I'm 6 weeks today. I got a faint positive 13 dpo and then it was very clear at 15 dpo. I've been to my GP and have been given my referral. I was told they'd be in touch in a week and that my first appointment wouldn't be until 12 weeks. That seems very late to me. I can understand no early scan if I have no history of mc or other issues, but I would think that some test would be run earlier than 12 weeks. Idk. This is my first pregnancy, so I guess we'll see. In the US, my sisters all had appointments around 8 weeks. Is it normal for your first appointment to be at 12 weeks. And it's been over a week and I still haven't heard anything from the midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back