Midwife changing

becks20

Reaction score
I went for my booking in appt today only to get told that because im moving they cant give me a booking in appt or scan or anything i have to go to the hospital that i will have my baby at. She said that i can go straight to the hospital and get a midwife from there but i no that that area wont take me till iv seen a dr. Its realli pissed me off and i just dont know what to do has anyone else has to change midwifes during pregnancy? x

When are you moving?

I had to move when I was about 36 weeks pregnant, but they were fine seeing me right up until then.

End of the month which ill be 12 weeks so i should be having a scan at time when im moving but the midwife said it costs them money to give me blood tests and scans and knowing that im moving i shouldnt see them as they basically cant help me, she was really rude about it all and before i told her i was moving she was trying to book a scan and then once isaid im planning on moving she said iv got to do it all myself.

I would ring your local hospital and get their opinion. It doesn't sound right to me though. Yes, it costs their department but you are still living there and pregnant now. They should be caring for you right up until you move, then giving you your notes to give to your new MW.

Im moving in March but my service here are happy to support me and have said if I want I can continue my care there if I feel more comfortable with it. Cant believe she said that to you, Id ring around and ask someone in management.

Iv phoned the hospital i might be delivering at and ended up thru to an answer phone so gonna try again tomorrow. im just really stressed because the way i was spoken to and the lack of help she was willin to give me. iv got to book scan and find a midwife by myself surely she should have tried to help me in some way ie phone numbers or rung them to book a scan for me.

Yes she should have been more helpful and at the very least guided you through the process if you have to do any of it yourself - I cant see that being right though, you should be having ante-natal care which means they do all that for you! What a meany - she sounds like a right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back