Book group thread for Marisa Peer's 'Trying to get Pregnant (and Succeeding)'

I've just read it, its terrible! How can ivf babies be synthetic?! They are made from a human egg and sperm, the only difference is that they are fertilized in a lab. They obviously don't know anyone suffering with infertility issues. I hear what they are saying about surrogate parenting for gay couples but the main thing is that the parents love each other. Its the only way they can have their own baby. I can't afford D&G stuff anyway! I'd post the article on Facebook but don't want all my friends to guess we are having IVF!

I got a reply from Marisa thanking me for my review on Amazon but she didn't send me any download! :(

What a load of twaddle. Totally agree with you ladies.

Not sure what to think now in the light of negative pregnancy tests. My 'script' said 'our embryos implant successfully, my pregnancy tests will be positive, we go back to the clinic for an early scan.' But none of that seems to have happened. :(

When is your official testing day Blueflower? Fx for you.

It was yesterday. I have to test again tomorrow. Hoping its just late to show but this happened last time and the nurse said it probably won't be any different 2 days later. :(

It was bfn. Just waiting for af now.

Marisa Peer asked me in her email reply to let her know how I got on, so I told her the bad news and asked if she had any advice. She said if I called her on a weekday morning between a certain time she could give me some advice free of charge! Do you think I should? Don't really know what to say!

Ooh I would do it! It may help you feel tons better :) I wouldn't know what to say either though but I think you should go for it :)

Do it! Why not? She will lead the conversation, it's what she does...xx

Worth a call, would be interesting to see what she has to say. Sorry it was a bfn :(

I just called her and she was quite helpful. Had lots of stories and advice. She said I will have children one day! Apparently the triplets on the front of her book were born to a woman who had lost 3 babies through miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies and then she had the triplets she felt that the souls of the babies she lost came back in those triplets! Isn't that amazing. Discussed donor eggs and she advised me not to give up!

Oh that's amazing she felt the souls came back in the triplets :)
Do you feel a lot better after the phone call?
Definitely don't give up :) are you private or nhs? As some private clinics let you have as many ivf rounds as you want don't they.

OH and I discussed if Clomid/ other hormone drugs didn't help us then we would go down the route of the egg sharing programme at our clinic as it would make it way cheaper than trying iui first and I'd love to be able to help someone else become a mummy too. I used to think I would never be able to do it but after reading peoples ivf stories on forums and discussing potentially using donor eggs actually makes it something I want to do regardless of us even needing treatment/the saving money potential. Xx

I did feel better after the phone call but I'm not convinced about her medical knowledge. I am now feeling quite sceptical about the whole mind telling your body what to do thing.
We are private as I was just over the age threshold once we'd finished all the tests! :(

We all seem to have ditched Marissa at the moment after mass disappointment!

I read a chapter the other night when I couldn't sleep at 5am! Haha. Need to start getting properly into it again.
Xx

I think we have ! It's funny isn't it we were all so darn positive and then taken a knock !

Are you starting it again? I feel like my hubby is so much more positive since I started the book lol!

I do feel more positive which is weird after what I have been through but its not down to the book, only read a couple of chapters. Maybe I should read it more though. I am thinking of downloading zita west getting pregnant naturally to listen to as the IVF one really helped me to feel relaxed and happy xx

I read it after seeing everyone raving about it on here.

Have to say I was unimpressed.

I already do a lot of the things she says to do/ not to do for example I always look down the baby aisles and don't avoid mums and babies etc. In fact I always have done!

I like the idea of positive thinking and some of what she says makes sense but I also think some of what she says is ridiculous!!

XX

I have been trying to do the affirmations and statements but have less enthusiasm for it! I still feel generally more positive than I did before reading it though, e.g. baby aisles, age and statistics. But Marisa seems to think I could still get pregnant with donor eggs when I'm 50 so have to take that with a pinch of salt! (I just typed 590 by mistake!)
I will read some again soon!

I've 'shelved' it for now as I was getting stressed out with trying to control all my thoughts and making sure I always used the right words when talking about making a baby.

I feel positive that I will have a baby. I know it will happen. I don't think I can trick my body into it by thinking the right thoughts!

XX

I've 'shelved' it for now as I was getting stressed out with trying to control all my thoughts and making sure I always used the right words when talking about making a baby.

I feel positive that I will have a baby. I know it will happen. I don't think I can trick my body into it by thinking the right thoughts!

XX

I think this is what put me off getting too invested in it and why I have only read a couple of chapters, I would find it too hard to change my thinking and words I use etc, also would never remember to go over 'positive thoughts' again and again, I just tell myself it can and will happen everytime I have a doubtful moment xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back