Blood Test Results

BubbleOne

Reaction score
I had my 28week blood tests last week. I believe they test iron levels in blood and for any other antibodies?
My surgery called me this morning and told me that my GP would like to arrange a telephone appointment with me to discuss the results. I've made one for tomorrow afternoon but am worried now.
If it was serious then she would want to see me rather than talk over the phone wouldn't she?
Also if it is about my iron levels, does anyone have any info about the tablets they put you on? I've heard they often cause sickness, diarrea and or constipation etc.
I think I'm worrying more because so far I've sailed through my pregnancy!!
Thanks Guys xxx

my surgery did the same after i had my bloods taken... all he said was iron level was a little low but not low enought to give me tablets.. soo if i feel more tired then normal to come see him and he will give me iron tablets

if it was urgent he would ask u to come straight in

dont worry hun. the tabelets make ur poo black and can make u constipated.. but thats all

Thanks for the quick reply!!
I am just a little more worried because it was the midwife who took the blood so I don't really understand why she can't call me to discuss the results and to help put my mind at rest?

Although to be honest I've seen 3 different midwives so far and they all seem pretty uninterested in any worries I have!! My GP is lovely though and is also pregnant and due within a week of me so I relate better to her anyway!!

Don't really know what I'm worried about!!!

my midwife took the blood but when the path lab to the tests, the results get sent to dr first then the midwife can access results from computer.... midwifes dont tend to worry when results are a little low.. just dr will tell u what to do if u feel more tired or some thing coz midwife cant offer a prescirption

Hi!

Did you have to fats for those tests? i am having mine tomorrow but it is at 10.45 and do not see myself eating until then?

Thanks

fast i mean lol my brain is not responding anymore lol

Hiya Bubble

I wrote a thread a few weeks ago............

Hiya

On Tuesday I had my 27 week blood tests and antenatal with the Midwife. Everything was okish, although there was a trace of protein in my urine. She wasnt worried at all as my blood pressure was 128/82 and I hadnt any swelling (pre-clampsia signs).

So Today i had a phone call from the Surgery, saying that the Blood tests had come back and the Doctor was requesting a Urine Sample again.

After having Eclamptic fits in my first pregnancy, and losing a baby in 2003 and nearly my life to a DVT. Ill admit to be a tad paranoid about this pregnancy and it live it day to day. (which my Doctor knows) So Im sure you can imagine just how worried I was. All these things were going through my mind, Was it because of the protein, was I getting pre-eclampsia? Was it because there was Glucose and I was getting diabetes? Well My blood pressure must have shot up good and proper cos I was so worried. The Receptionist couldnt actually tell me why but said she would get the doctor to ring me later. (This was 9am, later was 1pm!)

I took in my Urine Sample and the Receptionist could see my concern and when I got home she rang me to say she had taken the sample to the Doc and that the reason for the request for urine was that my white blood cell count had come back only slightly up. That was all I was told. So I was still worried.

Eventually the Doctor rang at 1pm. There was nothing to worry about, they had come back slightly high so they were checking I didnt have a urine infection. Hurray at last I was told.

My question is this. Why couldnt I have been told that in the first place to stop 4 hours of worry?

Surely "Hello Mrs Brent, Your blood results are back with a slightly higher white blood cell count, so we need some a urine sample to rule out a urine infection" Simple eh ????

Ragna and bump xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So dont worry too much, and like someone else said if they were that concerned you would have been in Straight away.

Good luck and let us know xxx

Ragna xxx

Just an update ....

Doctor phoned me this morning as planned and said that my haemaglobin levels have dropped from 13.9 to 10.7 and she just wanted to discuss how I was feeling etc to decide what action to take. Apparantly 10.7 is still quite good for a pregnant women but if I'd been feeling tired she would have given me some iron tablets. We discussed the side effects of the tablets and because I don't feel overly tired we agreed that I should try a more natural remedy although it's not available on prescription.
So I went to Boots earlier and brought some 'Spatone' which is a natural iron supplement. You get 28 sachets for £6.39 and you just dilute it into fruit juice (should add it to something with Vit C in it).
Will let you know if my energy levels improve!!!!

And Ragna, I totally agree that the surgery should give you a little more info about what is wrong as I spent 24hours worrying about nothing really and that can't be good for baby.

Take Care Ladies xxx

Hello Ladies:

I haven't been in touch in a long time ... many things going on here in Indiana, USA ... being a mother of 3 and one on the way, working and kids activities keep me busy ...
However, I had my labs and my iron was low, 10.2 and my doctor DID put me on iron pills ... said some women in pregnancy tend to drop lower the iron, it is normal and not a serious scare ... if it gets real low, that is when it could be a concern. It also is a sign of "possible" mulitple births ... could you imagine? My husband would fall down flat!!

Anyhow, I haven't been constipated, not yet anyway, and yes my BM's are a little darker than usual, but I try to drink a lot of water and it seems to be helping. I also take my iron tab B4 bed, so I haven't felt dizzy or nausea. I am not overly tired, I think I am tired by the end of the day, but nothing too extreme, heck mother of 3, pregnant, I still am working (Realtor), and I coach sports for the kids ... so ya, I am tired. :D But I am estatic!! I had a M/C (8 weeks) in 2002 and 2003 (empty sac) so I have been extremly nervous with the pregnancy. Now baby is moving all the time (its wonderful) I have a nice and round belly, HB of baby is good and strong 150 bpm, I am so thrilled ... so alittle low iron doesn't bother me.

Hope you are all doing well ... And God Bless!

SMT 37y
DST 38y
DT 7/15/94
CJ 8/26/97
CET 11/23/99
Miracle #4 ~ sched. c-section 11/16/2005 (due 11/25/2005)
M/C 8 weeks and D & C in 12/2002
M/C empty sac 9 weeks D & C in 11/2003
"Speaking from Heart ... Knowing from Experience."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27