Blighted ovum twice in a row!

Sali2012

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I had a miscarriage in january this year due to blighted ovum. At 7.5 weeks a ges sac was seen but no embryo which resulted in a miscarriage!

I got pregnant again and should be 8 weeks tomorrow but had a scan today and the same thing happened. Ges sac but no embryo!

I'm so confused! I don't understand what is going on? Im 34 years old and have had a child before without any complication. She is 14 years old now! I am just getting really worried that I will not be able to have any more children!

Please share your stories. Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so what tests were put in place to find out the reasons and also to aviod this happening in future?

Thank you - I'm just so so sad! :(((

I can't offer any advice as mine was a miscarriage as baby did not grow past 8 weeks but I just wanted to say again how sorry I was to see your news. I hope you find some answers and that your next pregnancy goes well xx

hiya im realy sorry for both ur losses it realy is shit i know, i have had 6 beautifull children yes i am very lucky but also had 2 losses this past yr as seen on my ticker, first sort of blighted ovum we were not sure as i was unsure of dates cos of a negative hpt but no period so either i was 10 weeks or 5.5 weeks we just dont know anyways i had 3 scans panning out over 3 weeks empty sac but it was growing and by scan 3 there was a tiny yolk aswel but was put down as blighted ovum, following yr another mmc this time baby stopped at 8 weeks ish i was 10 weeks no explanation other than my age which is 39 and here i am again ttc again in the hope of 3rd time lucky time will tell, no body can give u any answers im affraid unless they test u and its usualy 3 mcs before they will do anything which is crap i know, hope u are ok take care xxx

My first MC was in November last year at 8+2 it just felt wrong the whole time. My second was in Feb at around 11 weeks but baby had died at 8 weeks. I blame the second on being too soon (couldn't implant peoperly) and plane travel. We were traveling around Cananda and US and i had my first spotting a couple hours after one plane ride that felt funny when we took off. It felt like it took longer to compress it also happen to be the day the baby died according to the scan.

I was not offered any tests until i lose 3 in a row and its very frustrating. The only thing i did get is an early scan. The only advice i can give you is rest up and cry when you need to don't hold it in. I am really sorry you hv to go through this again. :hugs:

I am so sorry this happened XX

I can't offer any advice as yet Ive only had one mc, I had a mmc at near 12 weeks and baby had stopped at 9 weeks, but my body didn't know and carried on going. It's awful how they won't look into things till you have had 3 mc's , but I can see probably as until then it's the luck of the egg/sperm combo draw and actually there is nothing to say this will happen again , try to keep positive when your ready to TTC again, you really have every chance. My friend had 3 kids, then 3 mc then wenrt on to have her last child with no problems. XX

I'm so sorry xx ive had 2 mc last one was a blighted ovum, From research I did to try and understand what had happened it was just one of those things and the risk of it happening again is slightly higher but really small. Its terribly sad I went right up to 12 weeks with having pg symptoms but mine faded off in the last week so felt something wasn't right then I had a brown discharge followed by bleeding :(

I think if it gives you reassurance speak with your doctor they might offer tests (normally its when you've had 3 or more mc) and just take it easy. The big likely hood is you'll concieve naturally and have a normal pregnancy. I thought there was something wrong when they said my sac was the wrong shape I thought how it would never end in a healthy pg but it did.

I'm so sorry & wish you the best for the future xxxx

Im really sorry for your loss honey! I didnt have a blighted ovum but just an early mc so no specific advice with regards to this. I would just say take care if yourself and oh and spend time on you and grieve for your little bean! Xxxx

Thanks guys for your replies and sharing your stories! Like everyone else my main concern now is will I be able to carry a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby! I believe blighted ovum is due to chromosomes abnormalities and how that can be prevented in future is what I would like to know. My husband and I have a beautiful daughter already an we waited a while before we decided to have another baby. I'm just worried that this may not happen.

Whatever tests are in place after three miscarriages I don't understand why this can not be done now? Having one miscarriage is painful enough let alone three! It's just so cruel! :((((

My early losses were much earlier than yours, which for me was a blessing I feel because I never had the heartache of finding out at a scan, I always lost mine before 5.5 weeks. Last year, while ttc I had 3 in a row, which was devastating, and like you it made me wonder if there was some reason I wasn't going to be able to have kids. I'd also had a chemical pregnancy the year before.
My doctor started to take it seriously after the second last year, because that was the third overall. Sad that they don't take it seriously before that (one particularly unsympathetic doctor was the one who informed me "it's more common than you think" as if that's going to make me feel better).
Eventually I got referred to a fertility clinic and an appointment was made, but then I somehow miraculously got my 4th bfp in a row. I was prescribed high dose folic acid and I took baby aspirin. I'm not sure to this day if that's what made my bean stick, but I recommend it to anyone as it made me feel like I had some sort of control over it, being proactive.
I'm now nearly there with a fortnight to go til I meet my baby, but I'll never forget how hard those few months were before I got this precious one to keep xx

Thanks Leesey, so happy for you! Wish you all the best! That's a happy ending and gives me some hope for us. My private consultant has advised me that she will Prescribe aspirin, folic acid 5mg and progesterone for my future pg so hopefully that might do the trick! Once again wish you all the best and take care xxx

Thanks Leesey, so happy for you! Wish you all the best! That's a happy ending and gives me some hope for us. My private consultant has advised me that she will Prescribe aspirin, folic acid 5mg and progesterone for my future pg so hopefully that might do the trick! Once again wish you all the best and take care xxx

Sounds like your doc is on the ball. All the best for the future xx

Hi hun,

So sorry to hear about your losses.

I am another lady that had 3 early miscarriages (8w, 5w and 6w). I had all my losses in the space of 7 months last year :roll:

None of them were blighted ovums but each and every loss was a horrible blow.

I am glad you have a lot of support from your consultant for the future

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back